The Philadelphia Phillies (81-68) kick off a three-game series on Monday against the Atlanta Braves (96-53). The contest starts at 7:20 PM ET at Truist Park. The Braves will give the ball to Kyle Wright (0-2, 7.48 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 1 on the season, and the Phillies will turn to Zack Wheeler (11-6, 3.65 ERA).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Atlanta vs. Philadelphia Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Monday, September 18, 2023 at 7:20 PM ET
- Where: Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia
- How to Watch on TV: BSSO
- Probable Pitchers: Wright – ATL (0-2, 7.48 ERA) vs Wheeler – PHI (11-6, 3.65 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Braves vs. Phillies Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher: Kyle Wright
- In his last appearance on Monday, Sept. 11, the righty tossed three innings against the Philadelphia Phillies, allowing six earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 27-year-old has amassed an ERA of 7.48, with 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opposing hitters have a .309 batting average against him.
- So far this year, Wright has not registered a quality start.
- In one of his appearances this season he did not surrender an earned run.
- Wright’s team is 1-5-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- In Wright’s six starts with a total, the teams have hit the over five times.
Wright’s Recent Performance
|at Phillies||Sep. 11||3.0||6||6||6||3||2|
|at Marlins||May. 3||2.0||6||4||3||3||1|
|vs. Marlins||Apr. 27||3.0||2||0||0||6||1|
|vs. Astros||Apr. 22||5.0||7||4||3||2||1|
|at Royals||Apr. 16||5.2||4||2||2||6||3|
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher: Zack Wheeler
- The right-hander gave up six earned runs in five innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Atlanta Braves.
- The 33-year-old has pitched to a 3.65 ERA this season with 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.8 walks per nine across 29 games.
- He has started 29 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 19 of them.
- He has made 29 appearances and finished five of them without allowing an earned run.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 33-year-old ranks 20th in ERA (3.65), seventh in WHIP (1.069), and 10th in K/9 (10.1).
- The Phillies have a 12-17-0 record against the spread in Wheeler’s starts.
- Wheeler has started 29 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 13 of them.
Wheeler’s Recent Performance
|vs. Braves||Sep. 12||5.0||7||6||6||4||3|
|at Padres||Sep. 6||6.0||1||0||0||7||2|
|at Brewers||Sep. 1||6.0||5||3||3||10||0|
|vs. Cardinals||Aug. 26||7.0||3||1||1||10||0|
|at Nationals||Aug. 20||7.0||7||4||4||5||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.