The Cincinnati Reds (78-73) kick off a three-game series on Monday against the Minnesota Twins (79-71). The contest starts at 6:40 PM ET at Great American Ball Park. The probable starters are Joe Ryan (10-9) for the Twins and Connor Phillips for the Reds.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Minnesota vs. Cincinnati Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Monday, September 18, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: FS1
- Probable Pitchers: Ryan – MIN (10-9, 4.20 ERA) vs Phillips – CIN (0-0, 8.31 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Twins vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher: Joe Ryan
- His last appearance came on Tuesday against the Tampa Bay Rays, when the righty went 4 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In 26 games this season, the 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.20, with 10.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .239 against him.
- Ryan is looking to pick up his 14th quality start of the year in this outing.
- He has made three appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
- When Ryan starts, his team is 12-14-0 against the spread this season.
- In Ryan’s 26 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 16 times.
Ryan’s Recent Performance
|vs. Rays||Sep. 12||4.2||5||2||2||7||2|
|at Guardians||Sep. 6||4.0||4||2||2||3||1|
|at Rangers||Sep. 1||6.0||3||1||1||7||0|
|vs. Rangers||Aug. 26||5.0||5||1||1||7||2|
|at Cardinals||Aug. 2||4.0||9||7||7||4||1|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher: Connor Phillips
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw four innings, giving up three earned runs while allowing four hits against the Detroit Tigers.
- He has pitched to an 8.31 ERA this season with 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 6.2 walks per nine across two games.
- Phillips has started two games with set spreads, and the Reds covered in both opportunities.
- Phillips’ two starts with a total this season finished 1-1-0 against the total.
Phillips’ Recent Performance
|at Tigers||Sep. 13||4.0||4||3||3||3||4|
|vs. Mariners||Sep. 5||4.2||6||5||5||7||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.