The Texas Rangers (82-67) and the Boston Red Sox (74-76) face off at Globe Life Field on Monday at 8:05 PM ET, starting a three-game series. The Rangers will look to Jordan Montgomery (9-11) against the Red Sox and Kutter Crawford (6-7).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Texas vs. Boston Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Monday, September 18, 2023 at 8:05 PM ET
- Where: Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: BSSW
- Probable Pitchers: Montgomery – TEX (9-11, 3.47 ERA) vs Crawford – BOS (6-7, 4.26 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Rangers vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher: Jordan Montgomery
- His most recent appearance was on Wednesday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when the lefty threw seven scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- The 30-year-old has put up a 3.47 ERA and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 29 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .245 to his opponents.
- Montgomery is trying to secure his 18th quality start of the year.
- He has had six appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB play this season, the 30-year-old ranks 13th in ERA (3.47), 24th in WHIP (1.215), and 36th in K/9 (7.8).
- When Montgomery starts, his team is 11-18-0 against the spread this season.
- Games started by Montgomery have a 14-14-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Montgomery’s Recent Performance
|at Blue Jays||Sep. 13||7.0||4||0||0||3||1|
|vs. Athletics||Sep. 8||5.2||8||5||5||6||1|
|vs. Twins||Sep. 2||3.2||7||6||6||0||2|
|at Twins||Aug. 27||5.1||4||3||3||4||2|
|at Diamondbacks||Aug. 21||8.0||4||0||0||6||1|
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher: Kutter Crawford
- The right-hander’s last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings while giving up one earned run on three hits in a matchup with the New York Yankees.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 28 games this season with an ERA of 4.26, a 3.45 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.170.
- He has earned a quality start two times in 20 starts this season.
- In 28 appearances this season, he has finished seven without allowing an earned run.
- The Red Sox have a 9-11-0 ATS record in Crawford’s 20 starts that had a set spread.
- Crawford has started 20 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 12 of them.
Crawford’s Recent Performance
|vs. Yankees||Sep. 12||4.2||3||1||1||7||3|
|at Rays||Sep. 5||3.2||3||5||5||5||4|
|vs. Astros||Aug. 30||2.2||7||6||6||1||1|
|vs. Dodgers||Aug. 25||5.0||4||2||2||7||1|
|at Yankees||Aug. 19||6.0||1||1||1||5||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.