The Toronto Blue Jays (83-67) visit the New York Yankees (76-74) on Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET and look to build on a three-game winning streak. The Yankees will call on Clarke Schmidt (9-8) versus the Blue Jays and Yusei Kikuchi (9-6).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
New York vs. Toronto Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: YES
- Probable Pitchers: Schmidt – NYY (9-8, 4.56 ERA) vs Kikuchi – TOR (9-6, 3.81 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher: Clarke Schmidt
- The righty’s last time out was on Thursday against the Boston Red Sox, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- In 30 games this season, the 27-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.56, with 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .261 against him.
- Schmidt has five quality starts under his belt this season.
- He has had five appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
- When Schmidt starts, his team is 12-17-0 against the spread this season.
- Out of Schmidt’s 29 starts with a total this season, 11 have hit the over.
Schmidt’s Recent Performance
|at Red Sox||Sep. 14||5.1||7||4||3||3||3|
|vs. Tigers||Sep. 6||6.1||5||3||3||6||0|
|at Tigers||Aug. 31||4.2||6||3||3||7||3|
|at Rays||Aug. 26||6.2||6||3||1||5||0|
|vs. Red Sox||Aug. 20||5.2||4||2||2||8||2|
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher: Yusei Kikuchi
- The left-hander gave up six earned runs in five innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Texas Rangers.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 3.81, a 3.62 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.249 in 29 games this season.
- He has started 29 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in nine of them.
- He has four appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 29 chances this season.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 32-year-old’s 3.81 ERA ranks 28th, 1.249 WHIP ranks 30th, and 9.5 K/9 ranks 17th.
- The Blue Jays have a 17-12-0 record against the spread in Kikuchi’s starts.
- Kikuchi has started 29 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 13 of them.
Kikuchi’s Recent Performance
|vs. Rangers||Sep. 13||5.0||5||6||6||3||2|
|vs. Royals||Sep. 8||5.0||3||1||1||8||1|
|at Rockies||Sep. 2||4.2||6||6||2||6||4|
|vs. Guardians||Aug. 27||6.0||6||4||4||8||2|
|at Orioles||Aug. 22||4.2||7||3||3||6||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.