The Milwaukee Brewers (84-65) and St. Louis Cardinals (66-83) clash in the first of a four-game series on Monday at Busch Stadium, at 7:45 PM ET. The Brewers are coming off a series victory over the Nationals, and the Cardinals a series loss to the Phillies.
The Brewers are the road favorite (-186) versus the Cardinals (+153). The game’s over/under is 8.5.
The betting trends in the article below are based off odds valid as of September 18, 2023 at 9:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Brewers vs Cardinals Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Brewers Betting Insights
- The Brewers have been favorites in 78 games this season and won 45 (57.7%) of those contests.
- Milwaukee is 7-8 this season when entering a game favored by -186 or more on the moneyline.
- The Brewers have a 65% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in 67 of its 149 chances.
- The Brewers have an ATS record of 76-73-0 in 149 games with a spread this season.
Brewers Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.4|
Cardinals Betting Insights
- The Cardinals have come away with 32 wins in the 72 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, St. Louis has won four of nine games when listed as at least +153 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cardinals have a 39.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- St. Louis and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 72 of its 148 opportunities.
- The Cardinals are 69-79-0 against the spread in their 148 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Cardinals Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.1|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Brewers or Cardinals, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Brewers Probable Pitcher – Freddy Peralta
- Peralta and his team have a record of 15-13-0 against the spread when he starts.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw 6 1/3 innings against the Miami Marlins, giving up one earned run while allowing two hits.
- Peralta has pitched five or more innings in 18 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- In 28 appearances this season, he has finished four without allowing an earned run.
- Peralta’s team has a record of 13-7 this season when he starts and they are the favorite on the moneyline.
- Peralta’s team has won 17 of his 28 starts.
- Out of Peralta’s 28 starts with a total this season, 16 have hit the over.
Brewers Relief Pitchers
Cardinals Probable Pitcher – Adam Wainwright
- Wainwright (4-11 with a 7.95 ERA and 52 strikeouts in 94 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Cardinals, his 21st of the season.
- The righty’s last time out came on Tuesday against the Baltimore Orioles, when he went five innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Wainwright will look to extend a four-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 4.7 innings per outing).
- He has not had an appearance so far in 2023 where he did not surrender at least one earned run.
- The Cardinals are 5-8 in Wainwright’s 13 starts this season that they were the moneyline underdog.
- Wainwright’s team has put together a 6-14 record over his 20 starts.
- Wainwright has started 20 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
Cardinals Relief Pitchers
Brewers Hitting Trends
- The Brewers are 43-10 this season in games when they crush two or more home runs.
- Milwaukee is undefeated in its 19 games this season with five or more extra-base hits.
- The club has strung together at least eight hits 76 times this season, and has a 57-19 record in those games.
- Milwaukee has a 69-10 record in games this season when it scored five or more runs.
- The Brewers are 39-13 in the 52 games this season when they have drawn five or more walks.
Cardinals Hitting Trends
- They are 44-23 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- St. Louis has won 34 of its 41 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- In 101 games this season with eight or more hits, they have a record of 64-37.
- In 74 games this season with five or more runs scored, it has posted a record of 58-16.
- In 48 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 20-28
Brewers vs. Cardinals Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Brewers (-186)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.