The Seattle Mariners (81-68) visit the Oakland Athletics (46-103) to start a three-game series at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, with first pitch at 9:40 PM ET on Monday. The Mariners are coming off a series defeat to the Dodgers, and the Athletics a series loss to the Padres.
The Athletics (+146 underdog moneyline odds) play at home against the Mariners (-177). The matchup has an over/under of 7.5 total runs.
The betting facts in the following article reference odds valid as of September 18, 2023 at 9:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Mariners vs Athletics Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Mariners Betting Insights
- This season, the Mariners have won 59 out of the 103 games, or 57.3%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Seattle has a record of 23-12 in games when bookmakers favor them by at least -177 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Mariners, based on the moneyline, is 63.9%.
- Seattle and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 75 of 149 opportunities.
- In 149 games with a spread this season, the Mariners are 69-80-0 ATS.
Mariners Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.5|
Athletics Betting Insights
- The Athletics have won in 45, or 30.8%, of the 146 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This season, Oakland has come away with a win 29 times in 105 chances when named as an underdog of at least +146 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Athletics have an implied victory probability of 40.7% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 79 of its 149 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Athletics have an against the spread record of 73-76-0 in 149 games with a line this season.
Athletics Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.5|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Mariners or Athletics, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Mariners Probable Pitcher – Bryan Woo
- Woo’s team is 8-7-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- The right-hander allowed four hits in 5 2/3 scoreless innings pitched against the Los Angeles Angels on Wednesday.
- Woo has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has finished three appearances without allowing an earned run in 15 chances this season.
- Woo’s team is 4-5 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline favorite.
- Woo’s team has an 8-7 record in his starts this season.
- Games Woo has started this season hit the over six times in 15 chances.
Mariners Relief Pitchers
Athletics Probable Pitcher – JP Sears
- Sears (5-11) gets the starting nod for the Athletics in his 30th start of the season. He’s put together a 4.45 ERA in 157 2/3 innings pitched, with 144 strikeouts.
- The lefty’s last time out came on Wednesday against the Houston Astros, when he went six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Sears is seeking his fifth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.4 frames per start.
- He has had three appearances this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
- The Athletics have a 9-20 record in Sears’ 29 starts this season when they were the moneyline underdog.
- Sears’ team has compiled a 9-20 record in his 29 starts.
- Sears’ starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 15 of 29 games.
Athletics Relief Pitchers
Mariners Hitting Trends
- The Mariners are 41-15 this season in games when they crush two or more home runs.
- Seattle is 26-3 in games this season when it has put up at least five extra-base hits.
- The club has collected eight or more hits 92 times this season, and has a 63-29 record in those games.
- Seattle is 67-11 in games this season when it put up at least five runs.
- The Mariners have gone 33-15 over the 48 games this season when they have drawn five or more walks.
Athletics Hitting Trends
- They are 30-18 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- Oakland has won 22 of its 27 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- In 65 games this season with eight or more hits, they have a record of 32-33.
- Oakland has a 35-15 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- They have a 20-16 record this season when drawing five or more walks in a game.
Mariners vs. Athletics Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Mariners (-177)
Over/Under Pick: Over (7.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.