The Chicago White Sox (57-93) visit the Washington Nationals (66-84) to start a three-game series at Nationals Park, with first pitch at 7:05 PM ET on Monday. The White Sox are on the back of a series defeat to the Twins, and the Nationals a series loss to the Brewers.
The White Sox are a favorite (-125) at the Nationals (+105). The contest has an over/under of 9.
The insights in what follows use the latest odds as of September 18, 2023 at 9:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
White Sox vs Nationals Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
White Sox Betting Insights
- The White Sox have entered the game as favorites 45 times this season and won 22, or 48.9%, of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 17-17, a 50% win rate, when favored by -125 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the White Sox, based on the moneyline, is 55.6%.
- Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 70 of its 150 games with a total this season.
- The White Sox have an ATS record of 73-77-0 in 150 games with a spread this season.
White Sox Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.7|
Nationals Betting Insights
- The Nationals have come away with 58 wins in the 139 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Washington has won 55 of 129 games when listed as at least +105 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 48.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Washington and its opponents have hit the over in 71 of its 149 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Nationals are 79-70-0 against the spread in their 149 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Nationals Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.8|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the White Sox or Nationals, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
White Sox Probable Pitcher – Mike Clevinger
- Clevinger and his team are 11-10-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in six innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
- Clevinger will look to finish five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- In 21 appearances this season, he has finished seven without allowing an earned run.
- Clevinger’s team has a record of 3-2 this season when he starts and they are the favorite on the moneyline.
- Clevinger’s team has won 10 of his 21 starts this season.
- In Clevinger’s 21 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over eight times.
White Sox Relief Pitchers
Nationals Probable Pitcher – Joan Adon
- Adon (2-2) takes the mound first for the Nationals in his eighth start of the season. He has a 5.92 ERA in 38 2/3 innings pitched, with 33 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last appeared on Tuesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when he threw four innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- Adon has pitched five or more innings in a game four times this year heading into this outing.
- In two of his appearances this season he did not surrender an earned run.
- The Nationals are 4-2 in Adon’s six starts this season that they were the underdog on the moneyline.
- Adon’s team has compiled a 5-2 record over his seven starts.
- Adon has started seven contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in three of them.
Nationals Relief Pitchers
White Sox Hitting Trends
- The White Sox are 24-21 this season in games when they send out two or more long balls.
- Chicago has racked up at least five extra-base hits in 25 games this season, and has gone 18-7 in those contests.
- The club is 47-41 in the games this season it has notched eight or more hits.
- Chicago is 42-16 in games this season when it scored five or more runs.
- The White Sox are 8-9 in games this season when they have drawn five or more walks.
Nationals Hitting Trends
- They are 24-14 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- Washington has gone 18-5 this season when collecting five or more extra-base hits as a team.
- In 97 games this season with eight or more hits, they have a record of 53-44.
- Washington has won 46 of its 64 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- In 27 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 16-11
White Sox vs. Nationals Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Nationals (+105)
Over/Under Pick: Under (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.