The New York Yankees (76-73) aim to sweep the Pittsburgh Pirates (69-80) on Sunday at PNC Park, beginning at 1:35 PM ET.
The Yankees are favored (-167 on the moneyline) when they square off against the Pirates (+140). The matchup has an over/under set at 8 total runs.
The insights in the article below reflect odds as of September 17, 2023 at 1:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Yankees vs Pirates Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Yankees Betting Insights
- This season, the Yankees have won 50 out of the 91 games, or 54.9%, in which they’ve been favored.
- New York has a record of 20-7, a 74.1% win rate, when favored by -167 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 62.5% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 67 of 149 opportunities.
- In 149 games with a spread this season, the Yankees are 74-75-0 ATS.
Yankees Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.9|
Pirates Betting Insights
- The Pirates have come away with 49 wins in the 117 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Pittsburgh has a win-loss record of 20-25 when favored by +140 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Pirates have a 41.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 79 of its 149 opportunities.
- The Pirates are 74-75-0 against the spread in their 149 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Pirates Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.1|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Yankees or Pirates, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Yankees Probable Pitcher – Carlos Rodon
- Rodon’s team is 3-8-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw five innings against the Boston Red Sox, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits.
- Rodon has made six starts of five or more innings in 11 chances this season, and averages 4.6 frames when he pitches.
- He has allowed at least one earned run in every appearance this season.
- Rodon’s team has won 14.3% of his starts when they are favored on the moneyline (1-6).
- Rodon’s team has won three of his 11 starts.
- Games started by Rodon have a 4-6-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Yankees Relief Pitchers
Pirates Probable Pitcher – Colin Selby
- The Pirates will send Selby (2-1) out to make his fifth start of the season. He is 2-1 with an 8.20 ERA and 27 strikeouts over 18 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out — in relief on Friday — the righty threw one scoreless inning against the New York Yankees without surrendering a hit.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in nine of his 16 outings this season.
- The Pirates are 2-1 in Selby’s three starts this season that they were the moneyline underdog.
- Over Selby’s four starts, his team is 3-1.
- Selby has started four games with a total this season — his team has hit the over in all of them.
Pirates Relief Pitchers
Yankees Hitting Trends
- The Yankees have a 58-19 record in games this season when they hit at least two homers.
- New York has racked up five or more extra-base hits in 23 games this season, and has gone 19-4 in those contests.
- The team is 59-28 in the games this season it has collected eight or more hits.
- New York is 55-16 in games this season when it put up five or more runs.
- The Yankees have drawn at least five walks in 50 games this season, and are 30-20 in those contests.
Pirates Hitting Trends
- They’ve hit two or more homers in 37 games this season and are 28-9 in those matchups.
- Pittsburgh has gone 23-6 this season when collecting five or more extra-base hits as a team.
- In 72 games this season with eight or more hits, they have a record of 49-23.
- Pittsburgh has won 44 of its 56 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- They have won 21 of their 42 games this season in which they’ve drawn more than four free passes.
Yankees vs. Pirates Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Pirates (+140)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.