The Chicago Cubs (78-71) visit the Arizona Diamondbacks (78-72) on Sunday following a streak of four losses. First pitch is at 7:10 PM ET. The probable starters are Jordan Wicks (3-0) for the Cubs and Ryne Nelson (7-8) for the Diamondbacks.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Chicago vs. Arizona Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
- Probable Pitchers: Wicks – CHC (3-0, 1.99 ERA) vs Nelson – ARI (7-8, 5.53 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher: Jordan Wicks
- His most recent appearance was on Tuesday against the Colorado Rockies, when the left-hander tossed six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up three hits.
- In four games this season, the 24-year-old has a 1.99 ERA and 6.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .224 to his opponents.
- Wicks is trying to notch his third quality start in a row in this game.
- Wicks and his team have a record of 3-1-0 against the spread when he starts.
- In games Wicks has started this season, the teams are 1-3-0 at hitting the over.
Wicks’ Recent Performance
|at Rockies||Sep. 11||6.0||3||1||1||2||1|
|vs. Giants||Sep. 6||6.2||9||2||2||1||0|
|at Reds||Sep. 1||5.0||5||1||1||3||3|
|at Pirates||Aug. 26||5.0||2||1||1||9||1|
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher: Ryne Nelson
- The right-hander gave up six earned runs and allowed seven hits in 4 1/3 innings pitched against the New York Mets on Tuesday.
- The 25-year-old has pitched to a 5.53 ERA this season with 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.7 walks per nine across 26 games.
- He has earned a quality start seven times in 26 starts this season.
- He has two appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 26 chances this season.
- The Diamondbacks are 14-12-0 ATS in Nelson’s 26 starts with a set spread.
- Nelson’s starts went over the run total 12 times in 26 games with a set total this season.
Nelson’s Recent Performance
|at Mets||Sep. 12||4.1||7||6||6||3||2|
|at Cubs||Sep. 7||5.2||2||1||1||3||2|
|vs. Padres||Aug. 11||3.0||7||6||6||2||1|
|at Twins||Aug. 5||3.0||8||6||6||5||0|
|at Giants||Jul. 31||6.2||5||2||2||1||3|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.