The Miami Marlins (77-72) play against the Atlanta Braves (96-52) at home on Sunday starting at 1:40 PM ET. This contest’s pitching matchup is set, as the Braves will send Charlie Morton (14-11) to the mound, while Jesus Luzardo (9-9) will answer the bell for the Marlins.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Atlanta vs. Miami Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 1:40 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSFL
- Probable Pitchers: Morton – ATL (14-11, 3.42 ERA) vs Luzardo – MIA (9-9, 3.99 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Braves vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher: Charlie Morton
- His last time out was on Monday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when the righty tossed six innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 39-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.42, with 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in 28 games this season. Opponents are hitting .236 against him.
- Morton is trying to pick up his 13th quality start of the season.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in seven of his 28 outings this season.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 39-year-old’s 3.42 ERA ranks 11th, 1.395 WHIP ranks 44th, and 10.1 K/9 ranks 10th.
- Morton and his team are 14-14-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- Out of Morton’s 28 starts with a total this season, 12 have hit the over.
Morton’s Recent Performance
|at Phillies||Sep. 11||6.0||6||4||4||9||4|
|at Dodgers||Sep. 3||4.0||6||2||2||3||3|
|at Rockies||Aug. 29||6.0||3||1||1||8||2|
|vs. Mets||Aug. 23||7.0||2||0||0||11||1|
|vs. Yankees||Aug. 16||6.0||4||0||0||10||1|
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher: Jesús Luzardo
- The left-hander gave up six earned runs in five innings pitched on Monday in his last outing, a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in 29 games this season with an ERA of 3.99, a 3.80 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.260.
- In 29 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in 15 of them.
- In 29 appearances this season, he has finished six without allowing an earned run.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 25-year-old’s 3.99 ERA ranks 32nd, 1.260 WHIP ranks 34th, and 10.4 K/9 ranks eighth.
- The Marlins have a 14-15-0 ATS record in Luzardo’s 29 starts with a set spread.
- Luzardo has started 29 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 15 of them.
Luzardo’s Recent Performance
|at Brewers||Sep. 11||5.0||10||6||6||5||4|
|vs. Dodgers||Sep. 5||6.0||4||2||2||6||1|
|vs. Rays||Aug. 30||6.0||1||0||0||8||2|
|at Padres||Aug. 22||6.0||2||0||0||7||1|
|vs. Astros||Aug. 16||3.2||8||6||5||3||3|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.