The Milwaukee Brewers (84-64) look to add to a three-game winning streak as they host the Washington Nationals (65-84) at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday. This contest’s pitching matchup is set, as the Brewers will send Brandon Woodruff (5-1) to the mound, while Patrick Corbin (10-13) will answer the bell for the Nationals.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Milwaukee vs. Washington Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 2:10 PM ET
- Where: American Family Field in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- How to Watch on TV: BSWI
- Probable Pitchers: Woodruff – MIL (5-1, 1.93 ERA) vs Corbin – WSH (10-13, 5.18 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Brewers vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher: Brandon Woodruff
- In his most recent time out on Monday, the right-hander went nine scoreless innings against the Miami Marlins while surrendering six hits.
- In nine games this season, the 30-year-old has a 1.93 ERA and 10.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .158 to opposing batters.
- Woodruff is trying to prolong a fourth-game quality start streak in this outing.
- He is trying to keep a streak of two games without giving up an earned run intact.
- Woodruff’s team is 6-3-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- Games started by Woodruff have a 4-5-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Woodruff’s Recent Performance
|vs. Marlins||Sep. 11||9.0||6||0||0||7||1|
|at Pirates||Sep. 5||7.0||2||0||0||6||2|
|at Cubs||Aug. 30||6.0||2||2||2||8||1|
|vs. Padres||Aug. 25||6.0||3||1||1||11||3|
|at Rangers||Aug. 18||5.1||3||4||4||4||2|
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher: Patrick Corbin
- The left-hander last pitched on Monday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in 6 2/3 innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The 34-year-old has an ERA of 5.18 and 6.5 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .281 in 29 games this season.
- He has started 29 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 14 of them.
- In 29 appearances this season, he has finished two without allowing an earned run.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 34-year-old’s 5.18 ERA ranks 46th, 1.485 WHIP ranks 49th, and 6.5 K/9 ranks 45th.
- The Nationals are 14-15-0 ATS in Corbin’s 29 starts that had a set spread.
- Corbin’s starts hit the over on the run total 14 times in 29 games with a set total this season.
Corbin’s Recent Performance
|at Pirates||Sep. 11||6.2||5||2||2||8||1|
|vs. Mets||Sep. 5||4.0||7||8||8||2||1|
|at Blue Jays||Aug. 30||5.0||10||6||6||5||1|
|at Yankees||Aug. 24||6.0||7||3||3||7||3|
|vs. Red Sox||Aug. 17||6.0||4||1||1||6||0|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.