The Cincinnati Reds (78-72) play on the road against the New York Mets (68-80) at Citi Field. The contest is set to begin at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday. The Mets will call on Jose Quintana (2-5) versus the Reds and Brandon Williamson (4-4).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
New York vs. Cincinnati Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 1:40 PM ET
- Where: Citi Field in Queens, New York
- How to Watch on TV: WPIX
- Probable Pitchers: Quintana – NYM (2-5, 3.05 ERA) vs Williamson – CIN (4-4, 4.47 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Mets vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher: José Quintana
- In his most recent appearance on Monday, the left-hander tossed five innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In 10 games this season, the 34-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.05, with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .239 against him.
- Quintana has seven quality starts under his belt this season.
- In one of his 10 total appearances this season he has not surrendered an earned run.
- When Quintana starts, his team is 3-7-0 against the spread this season.
- Out of Quintana’s 10 starts with a total this season, two have hit the over.
Quintana’s Recent Performance
|vs. Diamondbacks||Sep. 11||5.0||5||2||2||4||2|
|at Nationals||Sep. 5||7.0||4||1||1||4||1|
|vs. Rangers||Aug. 29||6.0||3||0||0||5||3|
|at Braves||Aug. 23||5.1||9||5||5||5||3|
|at Cardinals||Aug. 17||6.0||3||2||2||5||4|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher: Brandon Williamson
- The left-hander’s last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed four innings while giving up five earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Detroit Tigers.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 4.47, a 2.60 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.276 in 20 games this season.
- In 20 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in six of them.
- He has made 20 appearances and finished two of them without allowing an earned run.
- The Reds have an 11-9-0 ATS record in Williamson’s 20 starts with a set spread.
- Williamson has had 20 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in eight of those outings.
Williamson’s Recent Performance
|at Tigers||Sep. 12||4.0||7||5||5||4||2|
|at Giants||Aug. 29||6.0||6||5||3||5||0|
|at Diamondbacks||Aug. 24||6.0||6||0||0||6||1|
|vs. Blue Jays||Aug. 19||5.2||9||4||4||6||1|
|at Pirates||Aug. 13||5.2||2||1||1||6||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.