The Philadelphia Phillies (81-67) play on the road against the St. Louis Cardinals (65-83) on Sunday. The game is set to begin at 2:15 PM ET. The Phillies will call on Taijuan Walker (15-5) versus the Cardinals and Dakota Hudson (6-2).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Philadelphia vs. St. Louis Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 2:15 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSMW
- Probable Pitchers: Walker – PHI (15-5, 4.36 ERA) vs Hudson – STL (6-2, 5.10 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Phillies vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher: Taijuan Walker
- In his most recent time out on Monday, the right-hander went 5 1/3 innings against the Atlanta Braves, allowing five earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 31-year-old has a 4.36 ERA and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings in 28 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .237 to his opponents.
- Walker has 11 quality starts under his belt this year.
- In three of his appearances this season he did not allow an earned run.
- This season, the 31-year-old ranks 38th in ERA (4.36), 42nd in WHIP (1.336), and 40th in K/9 (7.5) among pitchers who qualify.
- When Walker starts, his team is 16-12-0 against the spread this season.
- In Walker’s 28 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 12 times.
Walker’s Recent Performance
|vs. Braves||Sep. 11||5.1||6||6||5||5||3|
|at Padres||Sep. 4||5.0||5||4||4||4||3|
|vs. Angels||Aug. 28||5.2||8||3||3||6||2|
|vs. Giants||Aug. 22||5.0||6||3||2||7||2|
|vs. Twins||Aug. 12||5.0||3||3||3||2||6|
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher: Dakota Hudson
- The right-hander gave up seven earned runs and allowed eight hits in 4 1/3 innings pitched against the Baltimore Orioles on Monday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 15 games this season with an ERA of 5.10 and 5.1 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .263.
- He has three quality starts in nine chances this season.
- He has made 15 appearances and finished four of them without allowing an earned run.
- The Cardinals are 6-3-0 ATS in Hudson’s nine starts that had a set spread.
- Hudson’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in six of nine contests.
Hudson’s Recent Performance
|at Orioles||Sep. 11||4.1||8||7||7||2||3|
|at Braves||Sep. 6||5.0||7||5||5||2||3|
|vs. Pirates||Sep. 1||7.0||3||1||1||0||2|
|at Phillies||Aug. 26||5.2||6||5||5||1||5|
|vs. Mets||Aug. 20||5.1||5||2||2||7||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.