The Detroit Tigers (69-79) aim to extend their four-game winning streak when they play the Los Angeles Angels (68-81) on Sunday at 4:07 PM ET, at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.
The Tigers (-117 moneyline odds to win) and the Angels (-103) will meet in a projected tight contest. The game’s over/under is set at 9.
The betting insights in this article use the latest odds as of September 17, 2023 at 3:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Tigers vs Angels Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Tigers Betting Insights
- The Tigers have been favorites in 32 games this season and won 20 (62.5%) of those contests.
- This season Detroit has won 15 of its 26 games, or 57.7%, when favored by at least -117 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 53.9% chance to win.
- Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in 72 of its 149 games with a total this season.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 79-70-0 in 149 games with a spread this season.
Tigers Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.1|
Angels Betting Insights
- The Angels have won in 32, or 41.6%, of the 77 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This year, Los Angeles has won 30 of 73 games when listed as at least -103 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Angels have an implied victory probability of 50.7% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over in 77 of its 149 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Angels have posted a record of 69-80-0 against the spread this season.
Angels Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.3|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Tigers or Angels, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Tigers Probable Pitcher – Miguel Diaz
- The 28-year-old righty will start for the first time this season after coming out of the bullpen six times.
- Diaz did not pitch as the moneyline favorite in any games last season.
Tigers Relief Pitchers
Angels Probable Pitcher – Reid Detmers
- Detmers (3-10 with a 4.77 ERA and 154 strikeouts in 137 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Angels, his 27th of the season.
- In his last appearance on Tuesday against the Seattle Mariners, the lefty threw seven innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Detmers will try to continue a three-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.3 frames per outing).
- In two of his 26 total appearances this season he has not surrendered an earned run.
- The Angels are 6-10 in Detmers’ 16 starts this season that they were the underdog on the moneyline.
- Detmers’ team has a 10-16 record over his 26 starts.
- Detmers has had 26 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 14 of those games finished over the total.
Angels Relief Pitchers
Tigers Hitting Trends
- The Tigers have hit at least two long balls in 42 games this season, and are 29-13 in those outings.
- Detroit has racked up five or more extra-base hits in 29 games this season, and has gone 24-5 in those contests.
- The club is 62-25 in the games this season it has strung together eight or more hits.
- Detroit has a 49-15 record in games this season when it scored five or more runs.
- The Tigers are 23-12 in games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Angels Hitting Trends
- They’ve hit two or more homers in 58 games this season and are 36-22 in those matchups.
- Los Angeles has won 23 of its 32 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- In 90 games this season with eight or more hits, they have a record of 50-40.
- Los Angeles has won 49 of its 70 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- In 36 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 20-16
Tigers vs. Angels Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Angels (-103)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.