The Tampa Bay Rays (92-58) visit the Baltimore Orioles (92-56) at 1:35 PM ET on Sunday.
Oddsmakers project the Orioles as a small favorite (-117 moneyline odds) against the Rays (-101). The game’s total is set at 9.5.
The insights in the following article use the latest odds as of September 17, 2023 at 1:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Orioles vs Rays Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Orioles Betting Insights
- The Orioles have entered the game as favorites 73 times this season and won 49, or 67.1%, of those games.
- Baltimore has a record of 48-19, a 71.6% win rate, when favored by -117 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 53.9% chance of a victory for the Orioles.
- Baltimore and its opponents have hit the over in 78 of its 148 games with a total this season.
- The Orioles are 90-58-0 ATS in their 148 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||6.2|
Rays Betting Insights
- The Rays have come away with 12 wins in the 28 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Tampa Bay has come away with a win five times in 20 chances when named as an underdog of at least -101 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Rays have an implied victory probability of 50.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have gone over in 80 of its 150 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rays have posted a record of 84-66-0 against the spread this season.
Rays Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.5|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Orioles or Rays, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Orioles Probable Pitcher – Dean Kremer
- Kremer’s team is 21-8-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs in 4 1/3 innings pitched on Monday in his last outing, a matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Kremer has 22 starts of five or more innings this season in 29 chances. He averages 5.5 innings per outing.
- He has made 29 appearances and finished four of them without allowing an earned run.
- When Kremer starts a game and his team is the favorite on the moneyline, they have a record of 9-3.
- Kremer’s team has won 22 of his 29 starts this season.
- In Kremer’s 29 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 17 times.
Orioles Relief Pitchers
Rays Probable Pitcher – Zack Littell
- The Rays are sending Littell (3-6) to the mound for his 13th start of the season. He is 3-6 with a 4.25 ERA and 64 strikeouts over 78 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent time out came on Tuesday against the Minnesota Twins, when he went seven innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Littell will look to pitch five or more innings for his third straight start. He’s averaging 3.1 innings per outing.
- He has had seven appearances this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
- The Rays have been the moneyline underdog in six of Littell’s starts this season, and they went 2-4 in those matchups.
- Littell’s team has won five of his 12 starts.
- Littell’s starts hit the over on the run total five times in 12 games with a set total this season.
Rays Relief Pitchers
Orioles Hitting Trends
- The Orioles have a 42-14 record in games this season when they hit two or more homers.
- Baltimore has gone 34-3 in its 37 games this season with at least five extra-base hits.
- The team has collected at least eight hits 96 times this season, and has a 69-27 record in those games.
- Baltimore has a 72-11 record in games this season when it scored at least five runs.
- The Orioles have drawn five or more walks in 37 games this season, and are 28-9 in those contests.
Rays Hitting Trends
- They are 49-16 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- Tampa Bay has won 35 of its 38 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- They have won 69 of the 98 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- In 89 games this season with five or more runs scored, it has posted a record of 69-20.
- In 37 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 28-9
Orioles vs. Rays Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Orioles (-117)
Over/Under Pick: Under (9.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.