The Minnesota Twins (78-71) visit the Chicago White Sox (57-92) at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday.
The White Sox (+145 underdog moneyline odds to win) play at home against the Twins (-173). The contest has an over/under of 8.5.
The betting trends in the following article use the latest odds as of September 17, 2023 at 1:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Twins vs White Sox Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Twins Betting Insights
- This season, the Twins have won 59 out of the 99 games, or 59.6%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Minnesota has a record of 16-12 in games when bookmakers favor them by at least -173 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 63.4% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- So far this season, Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in 74 of 149 games with a total.
- In 149 games with a spread this season, the Twins are 73-76-0 ATS.
Twins Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.1|
White Sox Betting Insights
- The White Sox have been victorious in 34, or 33%, of the 103 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Chicago has a win-loss record of 8-18 when favored by +145 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The White Sox have an implied victory probability of 40.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 70 of its 149 opportunities.
- The White Sox have an against the spread record of 73-76-0 in 149 games with a line this season.
White Sox Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.3|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Twins or White Sox, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Twins Probable Pitcher – Sonny Gray
- When Gray starts, his team is 12-17-0 against the spread this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed six hits in four innings against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Gray has started 29 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings 26 times. He averages 5.8 innings per appearance.
- He has six appearances with no earned runs allowed in 29 chances this season.
- Gray’s team is 10-10 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline favorite.
- Gray’s team is 13-16 when he starts this season.
- Games Gray has started this season hit the over 13 times in 29 chances.
Twins Relief Pitchers
White Sox Probable Pitcher – Dylan Cease
- Cease (7-7) takes the mound first for the White Sox in his 31st start of the season. He’s put together a 4.92 ERA in 159 2/3 innings pitched, with 191 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Tuesday, the righty threw 5 1/3 innings against the Kansas City Royals, allowing one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- Cease will look to go five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.3 frames per outing.
- He has had two appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
- The White Sox have been the moneyline underdog in 15 of Cease’s starts this season, and they went 6-9 in those matchups.
- Cease’s team is 15-15 over his 30 starts.
- Cease has had 30 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 16 of those matchups finished over the total.
White Sox Relief Pitchers
Twins Hitting Trends
- The Twins are 55-18 this season in games when they crush at least two long balls.
- Minnesota is 42-9 in games this season when it has had at least five extra-base hits.
- The club has racked up at least eight hits 88 times this season, and has a 66-22 record in those games.
- Minnesota is 71-14 in games this season when it scored at least five runs.
- The Twins have drawn five or more walks in 50 games this season, and are 32-18 in those contests.
White Sox Hitting Trends
- They are 24-21 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- Chicago has gone 18-7 this season when collecting five or more extra-base hits as a team.
- They have won 47 of the 88 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- Chicago has won 42 of its 58 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- They have won eight of their 17 games this season in which they’ve drawn more than four free passes.
Twins vs. White Sox Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Twins (-173)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.