The Colorado Rockies (55-92) will look to keep a four-game win streak going when they host the San Francisco Giants (75-73) at 8:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Rockies are an underdog (+138 on the moneyline) when they square off against the Giants (-167). The matchup has an over/under of 11.5 total runs.
The betting facts in the article below use the latest odds as of September 16, 2023 at 7:13 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Giants vs Rockies Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Giants Betting Insights
- This season, the Giants have been favored 77 times and won 42, or 54.5%, of those games.
- San Francisco has a record of 14-10 in games when bookmakers favor them by at least -167 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Giants, based on the moneyline, is 62.5%.
- So far this season, San Francisco and its opponents have hit the over in 65 of 148 games with a total.
- The Giants are 68-80-0 against the spread in their 148 chances this season.
Giants Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.3|
Rockies Betting Insights
- The Rockies have been chosen as underdogs in 132 games this year and have walked away with the win 50 times (37.9%) in those games.
- Colorado has a mark of 33-68 in contests where sportsbooks favor it by +138 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 42% chance of walking away with the win.
- Colorado and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 67 of its 147 opportunities.
- The Rockies are 72-75-0 against the spread in their 147 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Rockies Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.9|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Giants or Rockies, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Giants Probable Pitcher – Scott Alexander
- When Alexander starts, his team is 3-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Cleveland Guardians, throwing 1 2/3 scoreless innings of relief without allowing a hit.
- In nine starts this season, Alexander has yet to get through five or more innings.
- He is looking for his third appearance in a row with no earned runs allowed.
- When Alexander starts a game and his team is the favorite on the moneyline, they have a record of 2-2.
- In games Alexander has started, his team is 3-6.
- Games Alexander has started this season hit the over four times in nine chances.
Giants Relief Pitchers
Rockies Probable Pitcher – Kyle Freeland
- Freeland (6-14 with a 5.07 ERA and 93 strikeouts in 152 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Rockies, his 29th of the season.
- His last appearance came on Tuesday against the Chicago Cubs, when the lefty went six innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- Freeland is looking for his ninth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.4 frames per start.
- In four of his appearances this season he has not allow an earned run.
- The Rockies have been the underdog on the moneyline in 25 of Freeland’s starts this season, and they went 9-16 in those games.
- Freeland’s team has won 10 of his 28 starts.
- Freeland has had 28 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 10 of those outings hit the over.
Rockies Relief Pitchers
Giants Hitting Trends
- The Giants have hit at least two homers in 49 games this season, and are 30-19 in those contests.
- San Francisco has gone 17-8 in its 25 games this season with five or more extra-base hits.
- The team has totaled eight or more hits in 83 games this season, and is 56-27 in those contests.
- San Francisco has a 46-19 record in games this season when it scored five or more runs.
- The Giants are 22-16 in games this season when they have drawn five or more walks.
Rockies Hitting Trends
- They are 19-13 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- In 29 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 13-16.
- They have a record of 40-48 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- Colorado has won 40 of its 61 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- They have won 16 of their 23 games this season in which they’ve drawn more than four free passes.
Giants vs. Rockies Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Giants (-167)
Over/Under Pick: Under (11.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.