The New York Yankees (75-73) visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (69-79) on Saturday at PNC Park, at 6:35 PM ET.
As the favorite, the Yankees (-119 moneyline odds to win) play at the Pirates (+100). The total for this game is 9.
The betting facts in the article below are based off odds valid as of September 16, 2023 at 5:13 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Yankees vs Pirates Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Yankees Betting Insights
- This season, the Yankees have won 49 out of the 90 games, or 54.4%, in which they’ve been favored.
- New York has a record of 43-30 in games when bookmakers favor them by at least -119 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Yankees, based on the moneyline, is 54.3%.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in 67 of 148 games with a total.
- The Yankees have an ATS record of 73-75-0 in 148 games with a spread this season.
Yankees Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.7|
Pirates Betting Insights
- The Pirates have come away with 49 wins in the 116 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Pittsburgh has come away with a win 45 times in 107 chances when named as an underdog of at least +100 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Pirates have an implied victory probability of 50% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 79 of its 148 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Pirates are 74-74-0 against the spread in their 148 games that had a posted line this season.
Pirates Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.1|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Yankees or Pirates, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Yankees Probable Pitcher – Luke Weaver
- Weaver’s team is 14-8-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Saturday, Sept. 9, when he threw 4 1/3 innings, giving up four earned runs while allowing four hits to the Tampa Bay Rays.
- In 22 starts, Weaver has pitched through or past the fifth inning nine times. He has a season average of 4.2 frames per outing.
- He has finished two appearances without allowing an earned run in 26 chances this season.
- Weaver’s team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re favored on the moneyline.
- Weaver’s team has won 12 of his 22 starts this season.
- In Weaver’s 22 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 12 times.
Yankees Relief Pitchers
Pirates Probable Pitcher – Luis Ortiz
- Ortiz makes the start for the Pirates, his 14th of the season. He is 4-4 with a 4.66 ERA and 48 strikeouts through 73 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday against the Atlanta Braves, the right-hander tossed 5 1/3 innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- Ortiz will look to last five or more innings for his fourth straight start. He’s averaging 4.9 frames per outing.
- He has not made an appearance yet in 2023 that he did not allow at least one earned run.
- The Pirates have a 6-6 record in Ortiz’s 12 starts this season when they were the underdog on the moneyline.
- Ortiz’s team has compiled a 6-7 record in his 13 starts.
- Ortiz’s starts hit the over on the run total six times in 13 games with a set total this season.
Pirates Relief Pitchers
Yankees Hitting Trends
- The Yankees are 57-19 this season in games when they send out two or more home runs.
- New York has gone 19-4 in its 23 games this season with five or more extra-base hits.
- The team has racked up eight or more hits 86 times this season, and has a 58-28 record in those games.
- New York is 54-16 in games this season when it scored five or more runs.
- The Yankees have drawn five or more walks in 49 games this season, and are 29-20 in those contests.
Pirates Hitting Trends
- They have won 28 of the 37 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- In 29 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 23-6.
- They have a record of 49-23 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- Pittsburgh has a 44-12 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- They have won 21 of their 42 games this season in which they’ve drawn more than four free passes.
Yankees vs. Pirates Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Pirates (+100)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.