The New York Yankees (75-73) go on the road at PNC Park against the Pittsburgh Pirates (69-79) at 6:35 PM ET on Saturday. The Yankees will give the nod to Luke Weaver (2-5) against the Pirates and Luis Ortiz (4-4).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
New York vs. Pittsburgh Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 6:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SNPT
- Probable Pitchers: Weaver – NYY (2-5, 6.77 ERA) vs Ortiz – PIT (4-4, 4.66 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Yankees vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher: Luke Weaver
- The righty last appeared in relief on Saturday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings against the Tampa Bay Rays, allowing four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In 26 games this season, the 30-year-old has an ERA of 6.77, with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .301 against him.
- Weaver is trying to record his fourth quality start of the season.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in two of his 26 appearances this season.
- Weaver’s team is 14-8-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- In Weaver’s 22 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 12 times.
Weaver’s Recent Performance
|at Rays||Sep. 9||4.1||4||4||4||2||2|
|at Reds||Sep. 4||2.1||3||1||1||1||1|
|vs. Athletics||Aug. 29||3.2||7||3||3||0||0|
|vs. Royals||Aug. 26||1.0||2||1||1||0||0|
|at White Sox||Aug. 23||2.0||0||0||0||5||0|
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher: Luis Ortiz
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in 5 1/3 innings pitched against the Atlanta Braves on Sunday.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 4.66 and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .287 in 15 games this season.
- He has started 13 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- He has not pitched this season without allowing at least one earned run.
- The Pirates have gone 6-7-0 against the spread when Ortiz starts.
- Ortiz’s starts went over the run total six times in 13 games with a set total this season.
Ortiz’s Recent Performance
|at Braves||Sep. 10||5.1||3||1||1||0||2|
|vs. Brewers||Sep. 4||6.0||5||2||2||4||3|
|at Royals||Aug. 29||5.0||3||1||1||5||2|
|vs. Cardinals||Aug. 23||3.1||7||5||5||5||5|
|at Dodgers||Jul. 4||3.1||9||6||6||3||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.