The Chicago Cubs (78-70) visit the Arizona Diamondbacks (77-72) on Saturday following a streak of three losses. First pitch is at 8:10 PM ET. The Cubs will call on Kyle Hendricks (6-7) versus the Diamondbacks and Zach Davies (2-5).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Chicago vs. Arizona Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona
- How to Watch on TV: BSAZ
- Probable Pitchers: Hendricks – CHC (6-7, 3.86 ERA) vs Davies – ARI (2-5, 6.81 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher: Kyle Hendricks
- The righty’s most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- In 21 games this season, the 33-year-old has amassed a 3.86 ERA and 6.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .243 to opposing batters.
- Hendricks is trying to secure his 11th quality start of the season in this outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in two of his 21 outings this season.
- Hendricks and his team have a record of 10-11-0 against the spread when he starts.
- Games started by Hendricks have a 9-12-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Hendricks’ Recent Performance
|vs. Diamondbacks||Sep. 10||5.2||7||2||2||4||1|
|vs. Giants||Sep. 5||5.1||7||5||4||5||0|
|vs. Brewers||Aug. 30||6.0||4||1||0||6||2|
|at Pirates||Aug. 25||5.2||6||2||2||4||1|
|vs. Royals||Aug. 20||6.1||5||1||1||3||1|
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher: Zach Davies
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Monday, when he threw four innings against the New York Mets, giving up three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in 16 games this season with an ERA of 6.81 and 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .280.
- He has started 16 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- In 16 appearances this season, he has finished one without allowing an earned run.
- The Diamondbacks have gone 10-6-0 ATS in Davies’ 16 starts that had a set spread.
- Davies’ starts with a set total this season have hit the over in eight of 16 games.
Davies’ Recent Performance
|at Mets||Sep. 11||4.0||4||3||3||5||3|
|vs. Rockies||Sep. 6||3.0||6||5||5||2||3|
|vs. Orioles||Sep. 1||6.0||4||1||1||6||1|
|vs. Reds||Aug. 26||5.0||5||1||1||5||2|
|at Braves||Jul. 18||3.2||8||9||9||1||3|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.