The Los Angeles Angels (68-80) match up against the Detroit Tigers (68-79) on Saturday at Angel Stadium of Anaheim after a four-game losing streak. The game begins at 9:07 PM ET. The Tigers will give the ball to Sawyer Gipson-Long (1-0, 3.60 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 2 on the season, and the Angels will turn to Tyler Anderson (6-6, 5.36 ERA).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Detroit vs. Los Angeles Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 9:07 PM ET
- Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSW
- Probable Pitchers: Gipson-Long – DET (1-0, 3.60 ERA) vs Anderson – LAA (6-6, 5.36 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Tigers vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher: Sawyer Gipson-Long
- His most recent appearance came on Sunday against the Chicago White Sox, when the right-hander tossed five innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing four hits.
- He has a 3.60 ERA and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are batting .211 against him over his one games this season.
- Gipson-Long will make his first start this season in a game featuring a spread set by bookmakers.
- Gipson-Long will make his first start of the season in a game with a total set by bookmakers.
Gipson-Long’s Recent Performance
|vs. White Sox||Sep. 10||5.0||4||2||2||5||0|
Angels Probable Starting Pitcher: Tyler Anderson
- The left-hander’s last start was on Sunday, when he tossed eight innings while giving up two earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Cleveland Guardians.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in 26 games this season with an ERA of 5.36, a 1.90 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.478.
- He has earned a quality start eight times in 24 starts this season.
- He has finished two appearances without allowing an earned run in 26 chances this season.
- Anderson has not yet started a game with a set spread.
- Anderson has not started a game with a total set by oddsmakers.
Anderson’s Recent Performance
|vs. Guardians||Sep. 9||8.0||4||2||2||4||1|
|at Athletics||Sep. 3||5.1||3||3||3||5||3|
|at Phillies||Aug. 29||5.0||7||6||6||3||3|
|vs. Reds||Aug. 23||4.2||3||4||1||5||3|
|vs. Rays||Aug. 18||4.0||6||5||5||3||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.