The Chicago White Sox (56-92), who lost their previous four games, take on the Minnesota Twins (78-70) at Guaranteed Rate Field on Saturday. First pitch is at 7:10 PM ET. The Twins will call on Pablo Lopez (10-7) versus the White Sox and Touki Toussaint (3-7).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Minnesota vs. Chicago Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: NSPCH
- Probable Pitchers: Lopez – MIN (10-7, 3.48 ERA) vs Toussaint – CHW (3-7, 5.65 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Twins vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher: Pablo Lopez
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the right-hander threw eight scoreless innings against the New York Mets while surrendering two hits.
- The 27-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.48, with 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in 29 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .230 batting average against him.
- Lopez is looking to continue a third-game quality start streak in this matchup.
- He has had six appearances this season in which he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
- The 27-year-old’s 3.48 ERA ranks 16th, 1.142 WHIP ranks 15th, and 10.7 K/9 ranks seventh among qualifying pitchers this season.
- When Lopez starts, his team is 14-15-0 against the spread this season.
- Out of Lopez’s 29 starts with a total this season, 14 have hit the over.
Lopez’s Recent Performance
|vs. Mets||Sep. 10||8.0||2||0||0||14||0|
|at Guardians||Sep. 4||6.0||8||1||1||3||3|
|vs. Guardians||Aug. 29||6.0||8||3||3||5||3|
|vs. Rangers||Aug. 24||5.0||10||5||5||4||1|
|vs. Pirates||Aug. 18||6.0||6||0||0||7||2|
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher: Touki Toussaint
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up eight earned runs and allowed six hits in one inning against the Kansas City Royals.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 5.65, a 1.39 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.521 in 17 games this season.
- He has one quality starts in 13 chances this season.
- He has four appearances with no earned runs allowed in 17 chances this season.
- When Toussaint starts, the White Sox have gone 4-9-0 against the spread.
- Toussaint has had 13 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and three of those outings finished over the total.
Toussaint’s Recent Performance
|vs. Royals||Sep. 12||1.0||6||8||8||1||2|
|at Royals||Sep. 6||6.0||2||2||2||6||3|
|vs. Tigers||Sep. 1||5.1||5||3||3||6||2|
|vs. Athletics||Aug. 26||5.0||2||0||0||4||3|
|vs. Mariners||Aug. 21||4.0||7||7||7||3||4|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.