The San Diego Padres (70-78) visit Oakland to face the Oakland Athletics (46-101) at 4:07 PM ET on Saturday. The probable pitchers are Matt Waldron (0-3) for the Padres and Mason Miller (0-2) for the Athletics.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
San Diego vs. Oakland Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 4:07 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NSPCA
- Probable Pitchers: Waldron – SD (0-3, 5.55 ERA) vs Miller – OAK (0-2, 2.84 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Padres vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher: Matt Waldron
- In his most recent outing on Sunday against the Houston Astros, the right-hander went five innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In five games this season, the 26-year-old has put up a 5.55 ERA and 5.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .233 to his opponents.
- Waldron’s team has not covered in any of his three starts with a spread this season.
- In games Waldron has started this season, the teams are 2-1-0 at hitting the over.
Waldron’s Recent Performance
|at Astros||Sep. 10||5.0||4||4||4||1||2|
|vs. Phillies||Sep. 4||4.2||8||3||3||3||1|
|vs. Giants||Aug. 31||5.0||3||1||1||4||0|
|vs. Diamondbacks||Aug. 19||5.0||5||5||5||5||3|
|vs. Nationals||Jun. 24||4.2||4||2||2||2||1|
Athletics Probable Starting Pitcher: Mason Miller
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw two scoreless innings against the Houston Astros while allowing one hit.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in six games this season with an ERA of 2.84 and 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .170.
- In five starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in two of them.
- He has kept opponents from scoring an earned run in two straight appearances.
- When Miller starts, the Athletics are 2-3-0 against the spread.
- Miller has started five games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in one of them.
Miller’s Recent Performance
|at Astros||Sep. 11||2.0||1||0||0||3||1|
|vs. Blue Jays||Sep. 6||2.0||0||0||0||3||0|
|at Royals||May. 7||6.0||5||2||2||5||1|
|vs. Mariners||May. 2||7.0||0||0||0||6||4|
|at Angels||Apr. 25||4.0||5||4||4||6||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.