The Toronto Blue Jays (81-67) face off against the Boston Red Sox (74-74) on Saturday at Rogers Centre at 3:07 PM ET. The Blue Jays will look to Chris Bassitt (14-8) versus the Red Sox and Chris Sale (6-4).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Toronto vs. Boston Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 3:07 PM ET
- Where: Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario
- How to Watch on TV: MLBN
- Probable Pitchers: Bassitt – TOR (14-8, 3.83 ERA) vs Sale – BOS (6-4, 4.88 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher: Chris Bassitt
- In his last appearance on Monday against the Texas Rangers, the righty threw 5 1/3 innings, giving up five earned runs while surrendering nine hits.
- The 34-year-old has an ERA of 3.83, with 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in 30 games this season. Opponents are hitting .232 against him.
- Bassitt is trying to collect his 19th quality start of the year in this outing.
- In eight of his appearances this season he did not surrender an earned run.
- The 34-year-old’s 3.83 ERA ranks 30th, 1.198 WHIP ranks 22nd, and 8.1 K/9 ranks 33rd among qualifying pitchers this season.
- Bassitt’s team is 14-16-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- In Bassitt’s 30 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 11 times.
Bassitt’s Recent Performance
|vs. Rangers||Sep. 11||5.1||9||5||5||3||3|
|at Athletics||Sep. 5||8.0||7||1||1||7||0|
|vs. Nationals||Aug. 30||8.0||3||0||0||3||1|
|vs. Guardians||Aug. 25||5.2||7||4||4||5||2|
|at Reds||Aug. 19||6.0||3||3||2||6||1|
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher: Chris Sale
- The left-hander gave up six earned runs and allowed six hits in four innings pitched against the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday.
- The 34-year-old has pitched in 17 games this season with an ERA of 4.88 and 11.0 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .234.
- He has five quality starts in 17 chances this season.
- He has made 17 appearances and finished one of them without allowing an earned run.
- The Red Sox are 10-7-0 ATS in Sale’s 17 starts that had a set spread.
- Sale’s starts hit the over on the run total 11 times in 17 games with a set total this season.
Sale’s Recent Performance
|vs. Orioles||Sep. 9||4.0||6||7||6||5||2|
|at Royals||Sep. 3||5.0||2||0||0||5||2|
|vs. Astros||Aug. 28||4.2||7||3||3||6||2|
|at Astros||Aug. 23||5.0||6||4||4||9||1|
|at Nationals||Aug. 17||4.1||2||3||2||3||3|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.