The San Diego Padres (70-78) visit the Oakland Athletics (46-101) on Saturday at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, at 4:07 PM ET.
The Athletics play as a home underdog (+120) versus the Padres (-144). The over/under for the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
The betting trends in the following article use the latest odds as of September 16, 2023 at 3:18 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Padres vs Athletics Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Padres Betting Insights
- The Padres have entered the game as favorites 110 times this season and won 58, or 52.7%, of those games.
- San Diego is 42-30 this season when entering a game favored by -144 or more on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 59% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- So far this season, San Diego and its opponents have hit the over in 63 of 148 games with a total.
- In 148 games with a spread this season, the Padres are 71-77-0 ATS.
Padres Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||6.1|
Athletics Betting Insights
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 144 games this season and have come away with the win 45 times (31.2%) in those contests.
- This year, Oakland has won 38 of 126 games when listed as at least +120 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Athletics have an implied victory probability of 45.5% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in 78 of its 147 opportunities.
- The Athletics are 73-74-0 against the spread in their 147 games that had a posted line this season.
Athletics Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.8|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Padres or Athletics, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Padres Probable Pitcher – Matt Waldron
- Waldron and his team have yet to cover the spread in any of their three chances this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up four earned runs and allowed four hits in five innings against the Houston Astros.
- Waldron’s team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re favored on the moneyline.
- Waldron’s team has yet to win in any of his starts this season.
- In Waldron’s three starts with a total, the teams have hit the over two times.
Padres Relief Pitchers
Athletics Probable Pitcher – Mason Miller
- Miller gets the start for the Athletics, his sixth of the season. He is 0-2 with a 2.84 ERA and 28 strikeouts through 25 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday against the Houston Astros, the right-hander tossed two scoreless innings while surrendering one hit.
- Miller is looking to pick up his third start of five or more innings this year in this outing.
- He will try for his third straight outing without allowing an earned run.
- The Athletics are 1-3 in Miller’s four starts this season that they were the moneyline underdog.
- Miller’s team has put together a 1-4 record over his five starts.
- Miller has had five starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in one of those matchups.
Athletics Relief Pitchers
Padres Hitting Trends
- The Padres are 37-27 this season in games when they crush two or more bombs.
- San Diego has gone 25-8 in its 33 games this season with at least five extra-base hits.
- The team is 55-26 in the games this season it has notched eight or more hits.
- San Diego is 57-13 in games this season when it scored at least five runs.
- The Padres have gone 31-27 in the 58 games this season when they have drawn five or more walks.
Athletics Hitting Trends
- They’ve hit two or more homers in 48 games this season and are 30-18 in those matchups.
- Oakland has gone 22-5 this season when collecting five or more extra-base hits as a team.
- They have won 32 of the 64 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- Oakland has won 35 of its 50 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- They have a 20-16 record this season when drawing five or more walks in a game.
Padres vs. Athletics Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Padres (-144)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.