The Arizona Diamondbacks (76-72) carry a three-game losing streak into a home contest against the Chicago Cubs (78-69) at 9:40 PM ET on Friday. This contest’s pitching matchup is set, as the Cubs will send Justin Steele (16-3) to the mound, while Brandon Pfaadt (1-8) will answer the bell for the Diamondbacks.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Chicago vs. Arizona Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona
- How to Watch on TV: MLBN
- Probable Pitchers: Steele – CHC (16-3, 2.83 ERA) vs Pfaadt – ARI (1-8, 6.25 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher: Justin Steele
- The left-hander last appeared on Saturday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he threw seven innings, allowing one earned run while giving up six hits.
- In 27 games this season, the 28-year-old has amassed a 2.83 ERA and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .241 to his opponents.
- Steele is looking for his sixth quality start in a row.
- In seven of his 27 total appearances this season he has not allowed an earned run.
- The 28-year-old’s 2.83 ERA ranks third, 1.138 WHIP ranks 15th, and 9.0 K/9 ranks 24th among qualifying pitchers this season.
- Steele and his team are 15-12-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- Games started by Steele have a 14-13-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Steele’s Recent Performance
|vs. Diamondbacks||Sep. 9||7.0||6||1||1||6||0|
|vs. Giants||Sep. 4||8.0||2||0||0||12||2|
|vs. Brewers||Aug. 29||6.0||6||0||0||8||1|
|at Pirates||Aug. 24||6.0||6||3||2||6||2|
|vs. Royals||Aug. 19||6.0||6||2||2||7||0|
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher: Brandon Pfaadt
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in six innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Chicago Cubs.
- The 24-year-old has pitched to a 6.25 ERA this season with 8.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.8 walks per nine across 16 games.
- He has three quality starts in 16 chances this season.
- In 16 appearances this season, he has finished one without allowing an earned run.
- The Diamondbacks have an 8-8-0 ATS record in Pfaadt’s 16 starts with a set spread.
- Pfaadt’s starts hit the over on the run total three times in 16 games with a set total this season.
Pfaadt’s Recent Performance
|at Cubs||Sep. 10||6.0||7||4||4||4||1|
|vs. Rockies||Sep. 5||3.2||6||3||3||4||2|
|at Dodgers||Aug. 30||4.0||8||6||5||4||2|
|vs. Reds||Aug. 25||5.1||3||2||2||5||1|
|at Padres||Aug. 18||7.0||1||0||0||5||3|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.