The Cincinnati Reds (76-72) start a three-game series against the New York Mets (68-78) on Friday at Citi Field. First pitch is at 7:10 PM. The Mets will call on David Peterson (3-8) versus the Reds and Hunter Greene (4-6).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
New York vs. Cincinnati Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Citi Field in Queens, New York
- How to Watch on TV: SNY
- Probable Pitchers: Peterson – NYM (3-8, 5.34 ERA) vs Greene – CIN (4-6, 4.43 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Mets vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher: David Peterson
- His most recent time out was on Saturday against the Minnesota Twins, when the left-hander went six innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- In 24 games this season, the 28-year-old has put up a 5.34 ERA and 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .283 to opposing hitters.
- Peterson has three quality starts under his belt this season.
- He has had six appearances this season in which he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
- Peterson’s team is 8-10-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- Games started by Peterson have an 11-6-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Peterson’s Recent Performance
|at Twins||Sep. 9||6.0||8||3||3||8||1|
|vs. Mariners||Sep. 2||4.0||7||4||4||4||0|
|vs. Angels||Aug. 27||7.0||3||1||1||8||3|
|at Braves||Aug. 21||4.2||7||4||4||4||2|
|vs. Pirates||Aug. 15||3.2||3||1||1||5||6|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher: Hunter Greene
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up no earned runs and allowed one hit in six innings against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 4.43 and 12.1 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .236 in 18 games this season.
- In 18 starts this season, he’s earned seven quality starts.
- If he manages to end his start without allowing an earned run, he’d extend his streak of 0 ER appearances to three.
- The Reds have an 8-10-0 record against the spread in Greene’s starts.
- Greene has had 18 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in eight of those outings.
Greene’s Recent Performance
|vs. Cardinals||Sep. 10||6.0||1||1||0||9||4|
|at Giants||Aug. 30||5.1||3||1||0||6||1|
|at Diamondbacks||Aug. 25||3.2||5||5||5||4||5|
|vs. Blue Jays||Aug. 20||3.0||10||9||8||4||3|
|at Astros||Jun. 17||6.0||5||2||2||3||4|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.