Following a three-game losing streak, the Baltimore Orioles (91-55) face off against the Tampa Bay Rays (91-57) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET. This contest’s pitching matchup is set, as the Rays will send Zach Eflin (14-8) to the mound, while Jack Flaherty (8-8) will answer the bell for the Orioles.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Tampa Bay vs. Baltimore Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland
- How to Watch on TV: APLTV
- Probable Pitchers: Eflin – TB (14-8, 3.53 ERA) vs Flaherty – BAL (8-8, 4.98 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Rays vs. Orioles Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher: Zach Eflin
- His most recent appearance came on Sunday against the Seattle Mariners, when the right-hander tossed five innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- In 28 games this season, the 29-year-old has put up a 3.53 ERA and 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .235 to opposing batters.
- Eflin has 16 quality starts under his belt this year.
- In five of his 28 total appearances this season he has not surrendered an earned run.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 29-year-old’s 3.53 ERA ranks 19th, 1.046 WHIP ranks third, and 9.2 K/9 ranks 21st.
- Eflin’s team is 15-13-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- Out of Eflin’s 28 starts with a total this season, 14 have hit the over.
Eflin’s Recent Performance
|vs. Mariners||Sep. 10||5.0||7||3||3||6||2|
|vs. Red Sox||Sep. 5||5.0||5||3||3||7||1|
|at Marlins||Aug. 30||6.1||4||0||0||4||0|
|vs. Yankees||Aug. 25||6.0||7||2||2||11||1|
|at Angels||Aug. 19||6.0||4||1||1||4||1|
Orioles Probable Starting Pitcher: Jack Flaherty
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed eight hits in 3 1/3 innings pitched against the Boston Red Sox on Saturday.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 4.98 ERA this season with 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.3 walks per nine across 26 games.
- In 26 starts this season, he’s earned nine quality starts.
- In 26 appearances this season, he has finished five without allowing an earned run.
- The Orioles are 16-10-0 ATS in Flaherty’s 26 starts with a set spread.
- Flaherty’s starts hit the over on the run total 16 times in 26 games with a set total this season.
Flaherty’s Recent Performance
|at Red Sox||Sep. 9||3.1||8||5||4||3||1|
|at Diamondbacks||Sep. 3||4.2||6||4||4||7||1|
|vs. Rockies||Aug. 27||5.2||7||3||3||3||1|
|at Padres||Aug. 15||3.0||4||7||7||3||4|
|vs. Astros||Aug. 9||5.0||6||3||3||8||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.