The Atlanta Braves (96-50) visit the Miami Marlins (75-72) on Friday to kick off a three-game series at LoanDepot park. The contest begins at 6:40 PM ET. The Braves will look to Bryce Elder (12-4) against the Marlins and Johnny Cueto (1-4).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Atlanta vs. Miami Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: MLBN
- Probable Pitchers: Elder – ATL (12-4, 3.38 ERA) vs Cueto – MIA (1-4, 6.15 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Braves vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher: Bryce Elder
- In his most recent time out on Friday, the right-hander threw seven innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates, giving up two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 24-year-old has put together a 3.38 ERA and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings in 28 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .230 to his opponents.
- Elder is aiming to register his third straight quality start in this outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in six of his 28 appearances this season.
- The 24-year-old’s 3.38 ERA ranks ninth, 1.201 WHIP ranks 23rd, and 6.7 K/9 ranks 44th among qualifying pitchers this season.
- Elder’s team is 17-11-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- In games Elder has started this season, the teams are 12-15-1 at hitting the over.
Elder’s Recent Performance
|vs. Pirates||Sep. 8||7.0||4||2||2||9||1|
|at Dodgers||Sep. 2||6.0||5||1||1||4||4|
|at Rockies||Aug. 28||6.0||8||4||4||4||1|
|vs. Mets||Aug. 22||5.1||2||1||1||3||3|
|vs. Yankees||Aug. 15||7.0||1||0||0||3||3|
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher: Johnny Cueto
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs in 3 2/3 innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 37-year-old has an ERA of 6.15, a 2.36 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.244 in nine games this season.
- In eight starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- He has one appearance this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his nine chances this season.
- The Marlins are 3-5-0 against the spread when Cueto starts.
- Cueto’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in four of eight games.
Cueto’s Recent Performance
|at Phillies||Sep. 9||3.2||5||5||5||3||3|
|at Nationals||Sep. 2||5.0||5||3||3||4||2|
|vs. Astros||Aug. 15||5.1||7||5||4||3||2|
|at Reds||Aug. 9||5.0||5||3||3||5||1|
|vs. Phillies||Aug. 3||6.0||5||4||4||4||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.