The Detroit Tigers (67-79) and the Los Angeles Angels (68-79) square off at Angel Stadium of Anaheim on Friday at 9:38 PM ET, starting a three-game series. The probable starters are Tarik Skubal (5-3) for the Tigers and Griffin Canning (7-6) for the Angels.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Detroit vs. Los Angeles Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 9:38 PM ET
- Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSW
- Probable Pitchers: Skubal – DET (5-3, 3.47 ERA) vs Canning – LAA (7-6, 4.34 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Tigers vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher: Tarik Skubal
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, the left-hander tossed five scoreless innings against the Chicago White Sox while surrendering two hits.
- In 12 games this season, the 26-year-old has an ERA of 3.47, with 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .216 against him.
- Skubal is looking to pick up his fourth quality start of the year in this game.
- In five of his 12 total appearances this season he has not surrendered an earned run.
- Skubal and his team have a record of 5-7-0 against the spread when he starts.
- In games Skubal has started this season, the teams are 3-9-0 at hitting the over.
Skubal’s Recent Performance
|vs. White Sox||Sep. 9||5.0||2||0||0||9||1|
|at White Sox||Sep. 3||7.0||5||2||2||7||2|
|vs. Yankees||Aug. 29||6.0||4||3||2||9||2|
|vs. Cubs||Aug. 23||6.0||6||4||4||7||1|
|at Guardians||Aug. 18||6.0||3||1||1||7||1|
Angels Probable Starting Pitcher: Griffin Canning
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed eight hits in 5 1/3 innings pitched against the Cleveland Guardians on Saturday.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 21 games this season with an ERA of 4.34 and 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .241.
- In 19 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in seven of them.
- He has made 21 appearances and finished two of them without allowing an earned run.
- When Canning starts, the Angels have gone 10-9-0 against the spread.
- Canning’s starts hit the over on the run total eight times in 19 games with a set total this season.
Canning’s Recent Performance
|vs. Guardians||Sep. 8||5.1||8||3||3||3||2|
|at Athletics||Sep. 2||6.0||4||2||2||7||0|
|at Mets||Aug. 27||7.0||5||1||1||9||1|
|vs. Rays||Aug. 19||3.1||2||1||1||5||1|
|at Rangers||Aug. 14||3.2||6||4||4||5||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.