While you may be learning of ThriveFantasy for the first time, this daily fantasy sports platform has been around since 2016 and is based out of New York.
In its short history, ThriveFantasy has secured partnership deals with two NFL franchises, the Jacksonville Jaguars and Los Angeles Chargers. This ThriveFantasy review looks at the site in closer detail, including its bonuses for new customers, how to download the app, the registration process, contest types, available sports, and more.
ThriveFantasy promo code 2023
|Daily Fantasy Sports||ThriveFantasy DFS|
|Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $100|
|Other Promos||2 FREE $20 NFL Tickets on $100 Deposit / 6 FREE $20 NFL Tickets on $500 Deposit|
|Partnerships||Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Chargers|
|Last Updated||December 2023|
ThriveFantasy sign-up bonus
New players at ThriveFantasy DFS will receive a 100% deposit match for up to $100. You must then wager whatever bonus you receive four times over in cash in order to withdraw the bonus funds. This offer is only good for the first deposit you make at ThriveFantasy.
Other ThriveFantasy promotions
There are not many other promos at ThriveFantasy beyond the welcome bonus, but there are two others to keep in mind:
- $100 deposit: Receive two free $20 NFL tickets
- $500 deposit: Receive six free $20 NFL tickets
How to download the ThriveFantasy app
The ThriveFantasy DFS app is available for iOS and Android devices. To download it, head to the ThriveFantasy site and select either the “Download on the App Store” or “Get it on Google Play” button. This will take you to the correct download page on the appropriate store, and you can proceed from there.
How to register for a ThriveFantasy account
The registration process at ThriveFantasy is short and easy to complete. You can also register for an account by linking your Google account.
However, if you want to register for an account the traditional way, here is the information you’ll need to provide:
- Date of birth
After this, you will be able to play as long as you are in a state where ThriveFantasy operates legally. However, when it comes time to withdraw, you will need to complete an account verification process, which typically involves confirming your account via an email link.
ThriveFantasy deposits and withdrawals
The minimum deposit amount at ThriveFantasy is $1, and the maximum is $1,000. Here is how to deposit:
ThriveFantasy offers two withdrawal methods. The minimum withdrawal is $20.
- Prizeout, which lets you redeem your winnings in gift cards
While ThriveFantasy may have your typical head-to-head or tournament-style daily fantasy sports contests, there are two modes in particular for these contests — traditional and versus — that make them distinct to ThriveFantasy.
With ThriveFantasy, regardless of whether it is traditional or versus, you will pick from players in a player pool. Each player will have a prop line, and you’ll receive points based on the players you pick from the pool and your selections for over/under the lines. As with a prop bet at an online sportsbook, the more likely the over/under is to hit, the smaller your point total will be.
- Traditional: With traditional contests, you will choose 10 players from a field of 20. Some of the props include quarterback passing yards, receptions, receiving yards, interceptions and rushing yards, if you’re looking at NFL NBA contests work similarly, with the only exception being the type of stats. The contests can either be freerolls or have entry fees ranging from $1 to $5,000.
- Versus: Versus mode also comes with 20 total players, but instead, there are a total of 10 matchups between “Player 1” and Player 2”. You must select five players from the 10 matchups. For example, say a matchup between Lamar Jackson and Matthew Stafford. For Jackson, you will receive 95 points if his combined passing yards and rushing yards with an added 0.5 are higher than Stafford’s total passing yards. For Stafford, if his passing yards are higher than Jackson’s line, you will receive 105 points.
ThriveFantasy prop lobby
While props are the theme of the above contests, they become even more of an emphasis when you visit the prop lobby. You can pick anywhere from two to four props. The more props you select, the higher your payout will be.
- Win two props: Receive 3.6x your entry.
- Win three props: Receive 6.2x your entry.
- Win four props: Receive 11x your entry.
It is important to note, though, that if you select four props, you must win all four props. If only three of the four win, you will lose.
How does ThriveFantasy compare to other DFS sites?
The two most notable daily fantasy sports sites are FanDuel and DraftKings. Here are the offers for each of these sites:
- DraftKings DFS: Receive a deposit match up to $500, but at a rate of 20%, meaning you would need to deposit $2,500 to receive $500 total. From here, you must wager $25 on DFS contests to unlock $1 in bonus funds from your deposit match.
- FanDuel DFS: You will get two free contest entries when you deposit $20 or more.
The FanDuel offer doesn’t require a big deposit, but the reward is smaller. For DraftKings, while the offer itself sounds great, the terms and conditions make it a bit more cumbersome. At ThriveFantasy, the offer is simple and easy to understand and is arguably the better option, overall, depending on your play style.
ThriveFantasy is a daily fantasy sports platform, but the structure for “lineups” is different from DraftKings and FanDuel. DraftKings and FanDuel focus more on salary caps, whereas ThriveFantasy is based more on player props and gaining points. These are two different methods of approaching the game, so it’s hard to compare, but DraftKings and FanDuel offer far more contests and sports than ThriveFantasy on a regular basis. For instance, ThriveFantasy does not offer MMA, a popular option elsewhere.
All of the platforms offer a DFS app. ThriveFantasy is definitely a bit more basic in design than the other two. The ThriveFantasy app is straightforward and easy to navigate, but it is not as graphically “rich” as FanDuel and DraftKings.
ThriveFantasy pros and cons
Here are some of the main pluses and minuses of playing at ThriveFantasy:
- Prop-based contests: This method of daily fantasy sports is a bit different. This removes the salary cap-based lineup and combines sports betting and points.
- Low wagering requirement on welcome bonus: For deposit bonuses, a 4x playthrough requirement is among the lowest you will find, making ThriveFantasy bonus funds more accessible.
- More chances to win with a smaller player pool: ThriveFantasy is still a relatively new daily fantasy sports platform, so the player pools will be smaller. This will allow you to potentially win more contests and face fewer sharks.
- Easy-to-understand user interface: It’s not the most glamorous platform both for the app and on the desktop platform, but it is easy to navigate and find contests.
- No other promotions besides deposit bonuses and NFL tickets: Outside of the ThriveFantasy welcome bonus and NFL tickets, there are no other promotions available at the moment.
- Limited withdrawal methods: PayPal is certainly a fine withdrawal method, but there are really not many options outside of that. Prizeout is a method that players may be skeptical to use since it’s not a common one.
- Limited contests for sports outside of the NFL and NBA: While ThriveFantasy lists other sports, actual contests involving them are rare. This is where FanDuel and DraftKings have the upper hand.
Available ThriveFantasy options
- League of Legends
- Dota 2
ThriveFantasy customer support
ThriveFantasy doesn’t have many “conventional” customer support methods. Instead, it has focused on social media, along with an email address.
- Official Discord server
- Email: [email protected]
- Mailing address: 205 E. 42nd St., Floor 15, New York, New York 10016
ThriveFantasy safety and trustworthiness
It’s fair to be skeptical of a new platform you may have never heard of, but as mentioned, ThriveFantasy does have partnerships with two NFL franchises, indicating a level of legitimacy.
What sets ThriveFantasy apart from the rest?
- Deposit bonus: The ThriveFantasy deposit bonus is easy to understand and straightforward. It’s more lucrative than the FanDuel offer, and the playthrough requirement is easier to meet than at DraftKings.
- Prop focus: Rather than dealing with salaries to construct a roster, you simply choose from props that have assigned point totals. This also means you get to play against yourself, rather than other players.
- Variety of esports: While the contests may be fewer and far between, ThriveFantasy offers some esports that other DFS sites do not.
Where is ThriveFantasy legal?
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia