DFS NBA Lineups for March 25, 2017 at Draftkings.com & Fanduel.com
On days that there’s a nice slate of DFS NBA games, we’ll give you the game totals, point spreads, and pertinent injury news to follow for NBA daily fantasy, as well as some players that we’re considering for our lineups on DraftKings and FanDuel.
Taking a look at the DFS NBA tournaments on 3/25/17, we’ve got big money up for grabs despite the short slate. At DraftKings, you’ve got a $250k Four Point Play. We also have a $40 buy-in Spin Move Championship with $50k going to the winner. At FanDuel, the $3 Shot has $250k in the prize pool and $25k going to first place.
As always, be sure and monitor any of the injury news that breaks throughout the day, as value plays and player upgrades can arise in a moments notice. As we enter the final weeks of the season, this is more important than ever. Keep an eye out as LeBron may sit tonight after taking a blow to the eye last night. That said, other than the Knicks, the other seven teams in action tonight have have good reason to play clean, play hard, and get a win.
INJURY NEWS TO MONITOR
LeBron James (eye)
Lance Thomas (hip) – OUT
Carmelo Anthony (knee)
Derrick Rose (foot)
NBA GAME SPREADS, TOTALS & START TIME FOR TODAY’S GAMES
Wizards -2 @ Cavs (7:30p): 215.5
Raptors @ Mavericks -1.5 (8:30p): 194
Knicks @ Spurs -15.5 (8:30p): 205
Timberwolves @ Blazers -6.5 (10:00p): 213.5
March 25, 2017 DFS NBA News & Notes
– For it being such a short slate, there is no shortage of star power to choose from tonight. But the big question will be whether or not LeBron James decides to sit and rest his eye (he took a direct hit last night). If he sits, Kyrie Irving ($7.9k DK, $9.1k FD) becomes an absolute must play on DraftKings. In three games without LeBron this season, Kyrie has averaged 42 DK points per game and seen his usage increase nearly 6%. Looking at the spread, which currently favors the Wizards by 2, Vegas thinks King James might take the night off.
– If you don’t pay up for DeMar DeRozan tonight at shooting guard (I probably won’t), the position is quite ugly. You might just look to punt the position and hope to get 22-25 fantasy points from someone like Allen Crabbe ($4.3k DK, $3.8k FD), or completely punt with near min salary guys like Manu Ginobili or Justin Holiday. Crabbe is at least getting the minutes, as he’s averaged more than 30 minutes per game over the Blazers last five games.
– What you decide to do with the mid-range plays today might be the deciding factor in taking down a GPP. There are a lot of guys in the $6.5k to $7.5k range that are in play. My favorite of the bunch is LaMarcus Aldridge. He’s only $6.9k on DraftKings while topping 32 minutes played in four of five games since returning from his heart ailment. What we love as DFS players, is the fact that he’s taken at least 16 shots in those four games, and took 24 attempts on two different occasions. The only drawback here is that Spurs draw the Knicks tonight, so he may only get 27-30 minutes tonight if the game gets out of hand. That said, I’m not trying to predict blowouts, just GPP plays that could smash value and that’s what we have in Aldridge.
– You’ve probably been waiting on Damian Lillard to come back down to Earth. And then you waited longer. And here you sit with a guy that’s scored at least 40 DK points in 13 of his last 15 games, while topping 50 DK points six times over that stretch. He’s not played fewer than 30 minutes over that time frame as well.
– If LeBron does end up sitting tonight, I’m going to look to play three Centers on DraftKings. We can get there by playing one one in PF spot (for those with dual position), one in the Center spot and one in Utility. It’s easily the deepest position and easily the best point per dollar spot tonight. I’ll probably have over 50% exposure to Karl-Anthony Towns as he’s just carving up every single player the opposition puts up against him right now. Nurkic is good, but he can’t stop KAT who has scored at least 40 DK points in 15 straight games. Other Centers that will be all over my rosters include Pau Gasol, Jusuf Nurkic, Kristaps Porzingis, Wily Hernangomez, and sprinkles of Nerlens Noel and Ian Mahinmi.
– And finally, I never play Markieff Morris. You should never play Markieff Morris. He’s been at 21 DK points or fewer in 7 of his last 10, and one of the ‘overs’ is a 23 DK point game. Play him again when he’s closer to $4.7k than $5.7k like he is today.