The Duke Blue Devils (0-0) hit the field against the Charlotte 49ers (0-0) in college football action at McColl-Richardson Field in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Blue Devils () travel to face the 49ers ( to win on the moneyline) on September 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The point total for the matchup is set at points.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of August 24, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Duke Vs. Charlotte Odds
|Charlotte (+6.5)||Under (60.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison 2020
|24.8 (90)||Points Per Game||27.0 (75)|
|38.1 (115)||Points Per Game Against||32.5 (88)|
|221.9 (70)||Pass Yards||222.8 (69)|
|231.6 (63)||Pass Yards Against||205.5 (33)|
|156.5 (72)||Rush Yards||155.0 (74)|
|213.2 (108)||Rush Yards Against||214.0 (109)|
|37 (127)||Giveaways||6 (10)|
|20 (13)||Takeaways||8 (97)|
Duke Vs. Charlotte Betting Insights
Duke Stats And Trends
- Duke had four wins in 11 games against the spread last year.
- The Blue Devils covered every time (1-0) as a 6.5-point favorite or more last year.
- There were seven Duke games (out of 11) that went over the total last year.
- Duke and its opponent topped the 60.5-point mark six times last season.
- Blue Devils games last season posted an average total of 55.3, which is 5.2 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
Charlotte Stats And Trends
- Charlotte had three wins in six games against the spread last year.
- The 49ers had one win ATS (1-1) as 6.5-point underdogs or greater last season.
- In six Charlotte games last season, four of them hit the over.
- Last year, three Charlotte games featured more than 60.5 points scored.
- The over/under for this game is 4.1 points higher than the average scoring total for 49ers games last season (56.4).
Duke Players To Watch
- Chase Brice had a passing stat line last year of 2,162 passing yards with a 54.7% completion rate (192-of-351), 10 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, and an average of 196.5 yards per game.
- Last year, Mataeo Durant racked up 817 rushing yards (74.3 yards per game) and eight touchdowns.
- Deon Jackson ran for 682 yards on 161 carries (62.0 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns last year.
- In the previous season, Jake Bobo reeled in 32 catches for 358 yards (32.5 ypg). He also scored one touchdown.
- Jalon Calhoun also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He grabbed 38 receptions for 341 yards and two touchdowns. He put up 31.0 receiving yards per game.
- Noah Gray hauled in 29 passes for 285 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 28.5 yards per game last year.
Charlotte Players To Watch
- Chris Reynolds completed 54.9% of his passes to throw for 1,305 yards and eight touchdowns last season.
- Tre Harbison averaged 56.2 rushing yards per game and tallied four rushing touchdowns last year.
- Aaron McAllister rushed for 254 yards and three touchdowns last season. He also averaged 18.0 receiving yards per game.
- Victor Tucker averaged 66.7 receiving yards and racked up two receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- Micaleous Elder caught 22 passes last season on his way to 264 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Taylor Thompson averaged 38.0 receiving yards per game a season ago.