The 10 Best Daily Fantasy Football Games of 2013
It is the season for another top 10 list. Today we are bringing you the 10 best daily fantasy football games that we had this year. Hitting correctly on any of these games netted the lucky few lavish riches in the form of monster GPP lineups that took down countless tournaments. These were the players that separated you from the rest of the pack and if you were not wise enough to have them in your lineups, left you broken and beaten on the weeks that they went off.
10. Jimmy Graham weeks 2-4 teaching us all not to fade the top tight end in the industry. Only problem was for the rest of the season you felt like you had to pay up for his services which really only resulted in one more week (week 9) that he actually met his price point.
9. Bobby Rainey week 11 30 carries 163 yards 2 touchdowns. After Mike James, who showed us what this backfield is capable of, went down with an ankle injury it looked like this would evolve into a two headed time share with Bobby Rainey and Brian Leonard. Both being min priced across the industry lots of tourney lineups contained one or the other and for those entries that hit on Bobbey Raineycorrectly and not Brian Leonard paydirt at the top was found.
8. Tony Romo 506 yards 5 touchdowns Week 5. As Tony Romo was trying to keep pace with Mannings Broncos he threw for over 500 yards and 5 touchdowns in a losing effort. Even though the Cowboys lost (like usual) on the daily scene with Romo priced as the 11th highest quarterback those lineups that hit on this mid range value found themselves scooping in the cash.
7. Josh Gordon 14 receptions 237 yards 1 touchdown week 12. Josh Gordon’s season is littered with daily performances that separated him from all the other elite receivers. His performances no matter who was playing quarterback were unreal to watch. For the daily gamer who saw the potential in Josh Gordon early they were rewarded with multiple week successes.
6. Peyton manning week 1 462 yards 7 tds. The only reason this performance is so low is because it happened on a Thursday night. Typically the big field GPP tournaments start on Sundays which capped the benefit that Peytons week 1 performance was. Still it was unreal to watch Peyton usher in the season throwing for 7 touch down passes. This regular season was owned in daily fantasy by Peyton and his skill position players.
5. Marvin Jones Week 8 – eight catches for 122 yards and four touchdowns, and he did so on eight targets. An unbelievable performance from a third receiver on his own team. This was actually the performance that started Al_Smizzles hot streak as he said on GrindersLive to roster some Marvin Jones on this particular week which turned out to be a genius call by someone who seemed to be able to predict the future from there on out. Click below to listen to Al’s amazing call!!!
4. Calvin Johnson week 8 14 receptions 329 yards 1 td and tackled three more times inside of the 5 yard line. The week that you had to own Megatron or you were broken and beaten. He taught us why he is the greatest receiver on the planet by setting his sights on Flipper Anderson’s single game record of 336 yards. Megatron fell 5 yards short and was also tackled inside the 5 yard line on three separate occasions, which would have made his week even more extraordinary.
3. Trio of Week 13 receivers
Josh Gordon 10 catches 261 yards 2 touchdowns
Eric Decker 8 receptions 174 yards 4 touchdowns
Alshon Jeffrey 12 receptions 249 yards 2 touchdowns
2. Nick Foles Week 9 406 yards 7 tds
1. Jamaal Charles week 15 8 carries for 20 yards and one touchdown to go along with 8 receptions for 195 yards and another 4 touchdowns.