Grand Fantasy Sports is the newest daily fantasy platform to launch with their initial contests beginning this week 1 for NFL season. Unlike most of the other fantasy platforms that have launched recently, Grand Fantasy Sports has significant backing as it is operated by 2020 Casino Solutions (a Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures owned company) under the EZFantasy platform. EZFantasy is a DFS platform that provides white labels to brick and mortar casinos. Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures also owns Grand Casino the biggest and most successful casino chain in Minnesota operating two locations in Mille Lacs and Hinckley. The Casino industry and DFS industry have had their fair share of ups and downs along with numerous disagreements, a few marketing relationships but also petty school yard type fights across numerous platforms. This is the first time we have seen a brick and mortar casino dive head first into the DFS industry by setting up their own skin platform to offer DFS contests.
Why it can be Successful
It is this merger of two parallel industries that really gives Grand Fantasy Sports an opportunity to make a dent in the DFS Industry. 2020 Casino Solutions has also already offered a digital gaming solution for quite some time. The thing that should excite daily fantasy sports players and entice them to try out the site is the hopeful influx of casino patrons who have so far shown little to no interest in daily fantasy sports. Grand Fantasy Sports will market heavily to existing casino players and use their vast database of users to market their online daily fantasy sports solution. On top of that it will be connected to other white labels under the EZFantasy platform to share liquidity and game guarantees across numerous labels. It should seem obvious to most DFS players that a platform that is marketed by various casinos around the country to their existing user base is a site that they want to be playing on. Grand Fantasy currently promotes offers to their existing casinos online and has plans to merge the online game play with in person activity at their casinos.
- Grand Fantasy Sports is a white label skin of EZFantasy
- EZFantasy is a company looking to offer casinos a quick entry to the DFS industry through its skin based platform.
- The end goal is to tie a network of casinos together and offer games on different skins but share user bases
- EZFantasy is the first DFS platform to provide a white label to brick and mortar casinos
- Residents in the following states are allowed: California, Colorado, Kansas, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, or Wisconsin
Game Play Details
- Game play is similar to FanDuel and Draftkings with only slight variations in scoring and roster construction
- One major goal is to keep multi entries to a minimum. The current largest max entry allowed is 10
- Football & Baseball are the two sports offered at initial launch but plans to include NBA along with other sports is in the works
- No Late Swap Feature
- Sportradar US is the Stat provider for Grand Fantasy Sports