Wrigley Field is where Matt McLain and the Cincinnati Reds will take on starter Jameson Taillon and the Chicago Cubs on Saturday, May 27 at 7:15 PM ET.
Looking to place a bet on McLain ahead of his matchup on Saturday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for McLain
Get the latest odds for McLain and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Chicago Cubs
- Taillon (0-3) will take to the mound for the Cubs and make his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, May 20, when he gave up six earned runs and allowed six hits in 2 1/3 innings against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 31-year-old has pitched to an 8.10 ERA this season with 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.4 walks per nine across seven games.
- The Cubs average the 17th-most strikeouts per nine innings (8.6) in the league this season.
- The Cubs have the 16th-ranked ERA (4.27) in the majors this season.
- Cubs pitchers have a 1.263 WHIP this season, 10th-best in the majors.
- The Cubs have allowed the fourth-fewest home runs this season at just 48, or one per game.
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with McLain or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
Matt McLain Stats vs. the Cubs
McLain Stats and Trends
- In 80.0% of his 10 games this season, McLain has notched a base hit (eight times). He’s also collected four multi-hit games in 2023 (40.0%).
- Despite registering a plate appearance in 10 games this season, he has swatted two home runs.
- In seven of 10 contests this year (70.0%), he has scored a run, and three of those games (30.0%) included a performance that produced two or more runs scored.
- In four of 10 games this year, McLain has plated a run. He has one game with multiple RBI.
- He has fanned eight times this season in 10 games played (80.0%), including four times punching out multiple times (40.0%).
|5 (71.4%)||Games w/1+ Hit||3 (100.0%)|
|3 (42.9%)||Games w/2+ Hits||1 (33.3%)|
|5 (71.4%)||Games w/1+ Run||2 (66.7%)|
|2 (28.6%)||Games w/1+ HR||0 (0.0%)|
|3 (42.9%)||Games w/1+ RBI||1 (33.3%)|
Ready to bet on McLain, the Reds or any other MLB action on Saturday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.