MJ Melendez and the Kansas City Royals take on starter Josiah Gray and the Washington Nationals at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday, May 27 at Kauffman Stadium.
Looking to wager on Melendez ahead of his matchup on Saturday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Melendez
Get the latest odds for Melendez and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Washington Nationals
- Gray (4-5) will take the mound for the Nationals, his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw five innings against the Detroit Tigers, giving up one earned run while allowing three hits.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 25-year-old’s 2.65 ERA ranks 10th, 1.370 WHIP ranks 52nd, and 7.3 K/9 ranks 52nd.
- The Nationals average just 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings as a pitching staff, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Nationals pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.57 this year, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- Nationals pitchers have a 1.441 WHIP this season, 25th in the majors.
- With 63 homers allowed, the Nationals rank 19th in the league at preventing long balls.
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Melendez or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
MJ Melendez Stats vs. the Nationals
Melendez Stats and Trends
- Melendez has recorded a hit in 27 of 47 games this year, with multiple hits in eight of them.
- He has homered in four games this season, going deep in 2.1% of his trips to home plate.
- In 36.2% of his games this season (17 of 47), he has scored at least a run. In four of those games (8.5%), he tallied two or more runs scored.
- Melendez has picked up at least one RBI 12 times this season in 47 games played (25.5%), including six times driving in multiple runs (12.8%). He has also knocked in three or more of his team’s runs in two contests.
- He has struck out one or more times in 40 of 47 games this year (85.1%), while fanning multiple times in 18 of those contests (38.3%).
|14 (53.8%)||Games w/1+ Hit||13 (61.9%)|
|3 (11.5%)||Games w/2+ Hits||5 (23.8%)|
|10 (38.5%)||Games w/1+ Run||7 (33.3%)|
|3 (11.5%)||Games w/1+ HR||1 (4.8%)|
|6 (23.1%)||Games w/1+ RBI||6 (28.6%)|
Ready to bet on Melendez, the Royals or any other MLB action on Saturday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.