The upcoming contest between Esteury Ruiz’s Oakland Athletics and the Houston Astros (with Framber Valdez drawing the start) is scheduled for Saturday, May 27 at 4:07 PM ET.
Looking to wager on Ruiz ahead of his matchup on Saturday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Ruiz
Get the latest odds for Ruiz and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Houston Astros
- Valdez (4-4) will take to the mound for the Astros and make his 11th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw nine scoreless innings against the Oakland Athletics while allowing four hits.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 29-year-old’s 2.45 ERA ranks seventh, 1.030 WHIP ranks 12th, and 9.8 K/9 ranks 20th.
- The Astros strike out 9.9 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, second-best in MLB.
- Astros pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.23 this year, first-best in baseball.
- The Astros have a combined 1.187 WHIP as a pitching staff, third-lowest in MLB.
- The Astros have given up the ninth-fewest long balls so far this season with only 53 home runs allowed.
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Ruiz or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
Esteury Ruiz Stats vs. the Astros
Ruiz Stats and Trends
- In 75.5% of his 53 games this season, Ruiz has notched a base hit (40 times). He’s also collected 14 multi-hit games in 2023 (26.4%).
- He has homered in one of 53 games, going deep in 0.4% of his plate appearances this season.
- In 35.8% of his games this year (19 of 53), he has scored at least a run. In three of those games (5.7%), he tallied two or more runs scored.
- Ruiz has plated at least one run 16 times this year in 53 games played (30.2%), including four times plating multiple runs (7.5%). He has also knocked in three or more of his team’s runs in one contest.
- He has gone down on strikes in 54.7% of his 53 games this year, while fanning more than once in 18.9% of them (10).
|20 (76.9%)||Games w/1+ Hit||20 (74.1%)|
|8 (30.8%)||Games w/2+ Hits||6 (22.2%)|
|8 (30.8%)||Games w/1+ Run||11 (40.7%)|
|1 (3.8%)||Games w/1+ HR||0 (0.0%)|
|11 (42.3%)||Games w/1+ RBI||5 (18.5%)|
Ready to bet on Ruiz, the Athletics or any other MLB action on Saturday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.