Yordan Alvarez and the Houston Astros will hit the field at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum on Friday, May 26, where they will square off against the Oakland Athletics and starting pitcher James Kaprielian. The matchup will start at 9:40 PM ET.
Looking to put down a bet on Alvarez ahead of his matchup on Friday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Alvarez
Get the latest odds for Alvarez and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Oakland Athletics
- Kaprielian (0-4) will take the mound for the Athletics, his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in five innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Houston Astros.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in eight games this season with an 8.68 ERA, 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings and a batting average against of .287.
- The Athletics average just 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings as a pitching staff, which ranks 28th in the league.
- Athletics pitchers have a combined ERA of 6.88 this year, which ranks 30th in MLB.
- The Athletics have a combined WHIP of 1.666 as a pitching staff, which is worst in baseball this season.
- The Athletics have given up the most long balls so far this season with 88 home runs allowed.
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Alvarez or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
Yordan Alvarez Stats vs. the Athletics
Alvarez Stats and Trends
- Alvarez has recorded a hit in 79.1% of his 43 games this season, with multiple base hits in 20.9% of them (nine).
- In 25.6% of his games this season, he has homered (11 of 43). He’s taken the pitcher deep in 6.5% of his trips to the plate during the 2023 campaign.
- In 58.1% of his 43 games this season, he has scored a run (25 times). Also, he’s put up three games with multiple runs in 2023 (7.0%).
- In 23 of 43 games this season (53.5%), Alvarez has driven in a run, and in 13 of those games (30.2%) he knocked in multiple runs. He has also been responsible for three or more of his team’s runs in six contests.
- He has struck out at least once in 65.1% of his games this year (28 of 43), striking out multiple times in eight of those games (18.6%).
|19 (82.6%)||Games w/1+ Hit||15 (75.0%)|
|4 (17.4%)||Games w/2+ Hits||5 (25.0%)|
|13 (56.5%)||Games w/1+ Run||12 (60.0%)|
|4 (17.4%)||Games w/1+ HR||7 (35.0%)|
|10 (43.5%)||Games w/1+ RBI||13 (65.0%)|
Ready to bet on Alvarez, the Astros or any other MLB action on Friday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.