The Houston Astros (28-21) and Oakland Athletics (10-42) square off on Friday at 9:40 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.
The Astros are heavily favored (-278 moneyline odds to win) when they square off against the Athletics (+229). The over/under for the game is 8.5 total runs.
The betting trends in this article use the latest odds as of May 26, 2023 at 9:14 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Astros vs Athletics Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Astros Betting Insights
- The Astros have been favorites in 27 games this season and won 15 (55.6%) of those contests.
- Houston has played as favorites of -278 or more twice this season and won both games.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Astros have a 73.5% chance to win.
- Houston’s games have gone over the total in 17 of its 41 chances.
- The Astros are 19-22-0 against the spread in their 41 chances this season.
Astros Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.6|
Athletics Betting Insights
- The Athletics have come away with eight wins in the 44 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Oakland has won all of its eight games in which it was named as at least a +229 moneyline underdog.
- The Athletics have an implied victory probability of 30.4% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Oakland has gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 24 of 45 chances this season.
- The Athletics have an against the spread mark of 17-28-0 in 45 games with a line this season.
Athletics Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||2.4|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Astros or Athletics, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Astros Probable Pitcher – Hunter Brown
- Brown and his team are 3-5-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed five hits in six innings against the Oakland Athletics.
- Brown has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Brown’s team has a record of 4-2 this season when he starts and they are the favorite on the moneyline.
- Brown’s team is 6-3 when he starts this season.
- Games Brown has started this season hit the over three times in eight chances.
Astros Relief Pitchers
Athletics Probable Pitcher – James Kaprielian
- Kaprielian gets the start for the Athletics, his sixth of the season. He is 0-4 with an 8.68 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 28 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Sunday against the Houston Astros, when the righty tossed five innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up three hits.
- Kaprielian is looking for his third straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 3.5 frames per start.
- The Athletics were the moneyline underdog for four Kaprielian starts this season — they lost each time.
- Kaprielian’s five starts have all ended in defeat for his team this season.
- Kaprielian’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in two of four contests.
Athletics Relief Pitchers
Astros Hitting Trends
- The Astros have a 7-4 record in games this season when they smash at least two homers.
- Houston has had five or more extra-base hits in nine games this season, and has gone 7-2 in those contests.
- The club has put up at least eight hits 38 times this season, and has a 29-9 record in those games.
- Houston has a 26-3 record in games this season when it put up at least five runs.
- The Astros have drawn five or more walks in 15 games this season, and are 12-3 in those contests.
Athletics Hitting Trends
- They’ve hit two or more homers in 20 games this season and are 11-9 in those matchups.
- Oakland has won nine of its 12 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- They have won 12 of the 26 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- In 20 games this season with five or more runs scored, it has posted a record of 12-8.
- They have a 9-7 record this season when drawing five or more walks in a game.
Astros vs. Athletics Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Astros (-278)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.