The Atlanta Braves (31-19) play the Philadelphia Phillies (23-27) after Austin Riley homered twice in an 8-5 victory over the Phillies. The game begins at 7:20 PM ET on Friday.
The favored Braves (-158 moneyline odds) take the field at home against the Phillies (+133). The matchup has an over/under of 10 total runs.
The betting insights in the article below reference odds valid as of May 26, 2023 at 7:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Braves vs Phillies Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Braves Betting Insights
- The Braves have been favorites in 36 games this season and won 22 (61.1%) of those contests.
- Atlanta has a record of 11-5, a 68.8% win rate, when favored by -158 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Braves have a 61.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in 27 of 42 games with a total.
- In 42 games with a spread this season, the Braves are 16-26-0 ATS.
Braves Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.3|
Phillies Betting Insights
- The Phillies have been victorious in five, or 41.7%, of the 12 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Philadelphia has been listed as an underdog of +133 or more on two occasions this season and lost both games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Phillies have a 42.9% chance of walking away with the win.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in 20 of its 43 opportunities.
- The Phillies are 19-24-0 against the spread in their 43 games that had a posted line this season.
Phillies Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.2|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Braves or Phillies, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Braves Probable Pitcher – Jared Shuster
- Shuster has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw six innings against the Seattle Mariners, giving up one earned run while allowing one hit.
- Shuster will look to finish five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- Shuster’s team won his only start as a favorite this season.
- Shuster’s team is 1-3 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Shuster this season, the teams hit the over once.
Braves Relief Pitchers
Phillies Probable Pitcher – Taijuan Walker
- Walker gets the start for the Phillies, his 11th of the season. He is 3-2 with a 5.79 ERA and 42 strikeouts in 46 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Sunday against the Chicago Cubs, when he threw 5 1/3 scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- Walker will try to record his sixth matchup of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 4.6 innings per appearance.
- The Phillies were the underdog on the moneyline for two Walker starts this season — they split the games.
- Walker’s team has won six of his 10 starts.
- Walker has had nine starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and five of those games finished over the total.
Phillies Relief Pitchers
Braves Hitting Trends
- The Braves have a 17-7 record this season in games when they hit at least two home runs.
- Atlanta has won each of its 11 games this season when collecting five or more extra-base hits.
- The club has collected at least eight hits 37 times this season, and has a 25-12 record in those games.
- Atlanta has a 25-6 record in games this season when it put up at least five runs.
- The Braves are 10-8 in the 18 games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Phillies Hitting Trends
- They are 10-4 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- In 13 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 11-2.
- In 36 games this season with eight or more hits, they have a record of 21-15.
- In 22 games this season with five or more runs scored, it has posted a record of 19-3.
- In 16 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 11-5
Braves vs. Phillies Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Braves (-158)
Over/Under Pick: Under (10)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.