Kevin Newman and the Cincinnati Reds meet starter Justin Steele and the Chicago Cubs at 2:20 PM ET on Friday, May 26 at Wrigley Field.
Looking to wager on Newman ahead of his matchup on Friday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Newman
Get the latest odds for Newman and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Chicago Cubs
- Steele (6-1) will take the mound for the Cubs, his 11th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw six scoreless innings against the Philadelphia Phillies while allowing four hits.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 27-year-old ranks sixth in ERA (2.20), 10th in WHIP (1.011), and 51st in K/9 (7.8).
- The Cubs strike out 8.6 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, 17th in MLB.
- The Cubs have the 15th-ranked ERA (4.19) in the majors this season.
- The Cubs have a combined WHIP of just 1.238 as a pitching staff, which is the eighth-best in baseball this season.
- The Cubs have allowed the fourth-fewest home runs this season at just 48, or one per game.
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Newman or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
Kevin Newman Stats vs. the Cubs
|4/21/2022||Mark Leiter Jr.||0-for-1||0||0||0||0||1/0||0|
Newman Stats and Trends
- Newman has picked up a hit in 65.6% of his 32 games this season, with multiple base hits in 18.8% of those contests (six).
- Despite registering a plate appearance in 32 games this season, he has swatted two homers.
- In 10 of 32 games this season (31.3%), he has scored at least one run, including two games in which he scored more than one run.
- In eight of 32 games this year (25.0%), Newman has driven in a run, and in six of those games (18.8%) he knocked in multiple runs. He has also accounted for three or more of his team’s runs in one contest.
- He has been set down on strikes 13 times this year in 32 games played (40.6%), including one game where he fanned multiple times.
|14 (73.7%)||Games w/1+ Hit||7 (53.8%)|
|4 (21.1%)||Games w/2+ Hits||2 (15.4%)|
|7 (36.8%)||Games w/1+ Run||3 (23.1%)|
|2 (10.5%)||Games w/1+ HR||0 (0.0%)|
|7 (36.8%)||Games w/1+ RBI||1 (7.7%)|
Ready to bet on Newman, the Reds or any other MLB action on Friday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.