The Washington Nationals (21-29) will look for Lane Thomas to extend a 10-game hitting streak against the Kansas City Royals (15-36), on Friday at 8:10 PM ET, at Kauffman Stadium.
The Royals are projected as a close favorite (-112 moneyline odds to win) against the Nationals (-108). The contest has a set total of 9.
The betting insights in this article reference odds valid as of May 26, 2023 at 7:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Royals vs Nationals Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Royals Betting Insights
- The Royals have entered the game as favorites six times this season and won once.
- Kansas City has entered six games this season favored by -112 or more and is 1-5 in those contests.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Royals have a 52.8% chance to win.
- Kansas City and its opponents have hit the over in 20 of its 43 games with a total this season.
- The Royals are 17-26-0 against the spread this season.
Royals Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.1|
Nationals Betting Insights
- The Nationals have been chosen as underdogs in 40 games this year and have walked away with the win 17 times (42.5%) in those games.
- Washington has a win-loss record of 17-23 when favored by -108 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Nationals have an implied victory probability of 51.9% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Washington’s games have gone over the total in 19 of its 42 opportunities.
- In 42 games with a line this season, the Nationals have a mark of 28-14-0 against the spread.
Nationals Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.2|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Royals or Nationals, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Royals Probable Pitcher – Jordan Lyles
- When Lyles starts, his team is 1-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in five innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Chicago White Sox.
- Lyles has started 10 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings eight times. He averages 5.6 innings per appearance.
- This will be Lyles’ first start this season with his team as the moneyline favorite.
- Lyles’ team is winless in the 10 games he’s started this season.
- Games started by Lyles have a 4-4-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Royals Relief Pitchers
Nationals Probable Pitcher – Patrick Corbin
- Corbin gets the start for the Nationals, his 11th of the season. He is 3-5 with a 4.47 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 56 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last appeared on Saturday against the Detroit Tigers, when he went six innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Corbin is trying for his 10th straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.6 innings per start.
- The Nationals have a 4-3 record in Corbin’s seven starts this season when they were the moneyline underdog.
- Corbin’s team is 5-5 over his 10 starts.
- Corbin’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in three of eight contests.
Nationals Relief Pitchers
|Carl Edwards Jr.||22||20.2||14||2.18||9||1|
Royals Hitting Trends
- The Royals have racked up at least two home runs in 11 games this season, and are 3-8 in those outings.
- Kansas City has gone 6-9 in its 15 games this season with at least five extra-base hits.
- The club has racked up at least eight hits in 32 games this season, and is 13-19 in those contests.
- Kansas City is 10-8 in games this season when it put up five or more runs.
- The Royals are 1-7 in games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Nationals Hitting Trends
- They are 5-4 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- Washington has won seven of its eight games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- They have won 18 of the 34 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- Washington has a 14-7 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- They have won five of their 13 games this season in which they’ve drawn more than four free passes.
Royals vs. Nationals Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Royals (-112)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.