Mickey Moniak rides a two-game homer streak into the Los Angeles Angels’ (28-23) game against the Miami Marlins (25-26) whose Jorge Soler has homered in three consecutive games. It begins at 9:38 PM ET on Friday, at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.
The Marlins (+120 underdog on the moneyline) visit the Angels (-142). The matchup has an over/under of 8.5 total runs.
The insights in what follows reference odds valid as of May 26, 2023 at 9:16 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Angels vs Marlins Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Angels Betting Insights
- The Angels have won 14, or 56%, of the 25 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season Los Angeles has won eight of its 12 games, or 66.7%, when favored by at least -142 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Angels, based on the moneyline, is 58.7%.
- Games involving Los Angeles has gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 22 of 44 chances this season.
- The Angels are 23-21-0 ATS in their 44 games with a spread this season.
Angels Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.3|
Marlins Betting Insights
- The Marlins have been victorious in 11, or 50%, of the 22 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Miami has a mark of 8-8 in contests where sportsbooks favor it by +120 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Marlins have a 45.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in 19 of its 43 opportunities.
- The Marlins are 17-26-0 against the spread in their 43 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Marlins Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.6|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Angels or Marlins, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Angels Probable Pitcher – Reid Detmers
- Detmers’ team is 1-6-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Minnesota Twins, giving up three earned runs while allowing two hits.
- Detmers will look to finish five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- Detmers’ team has won 25% of his starts when they are favored on the moneyline (1-3).
- Detmers’ team is 3-5 when he starts this season.
- In games Detmers has started this season, the teams are 5-2-0 at hitting the over.
Angels Relief Pitchers
Marlins Probable Pitcher – Jesus Luzardo
- Luzardo (3-3) gets the starting nod for the Marlins in his 11th start of the season. He has a 3.83 ERA in 56 1/3 innings pitched, with 63 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the left-hander went five innings against the San Francisco Giants, giving up six earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Luzardo will try to go five or more innings for his sixth straight start. He’s averaging 5.6 frames per outing.
- The Marlins have been the underdog on the moneyline in five of Luzardo’s starts this season, and they went 3-2 in those matchups.
- Luzardo’s team is 7-3 in his 10 starts.
- Luzardo has had eight starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in five of those games.
Marlins Relief Pitchers
Angels Hitting Trends
- The Angels are 11-7 this season in games when they send out at least two long balls.
- Los Angeles is 8-3 in games this season when it has had at least five extra-base hits.
- The club is 24-12 in the games this season it has notched at least eight hits.
- Los Angeles is 23-7 in games this season when it put up at least five runs.
- The Angels are 7-5 in games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Marlins Hitting Trends
- They’ve hit two or more homers in 23 games this season and are 6-17 in those matchups.
- In nine games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 8-1.
- They have a record of 23-25 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- Miami has won 16 of its 26 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- They have won two of their 12 games this season in which they’ve drawn more than four free passes.
Angels vs. Marlins Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Angels (-142)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.