The upcoming matchup between MJ Melendez’s Kansas City Royals and the Washington Nationals (with Patrick Corbin drawing the start) is scheduled for Friday, May 26 at 8:10 PM ET.
Looking to wager on Melendez ahead of his matchup on Friday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Melendez
Get the latest odds for Melendez and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Washington Nationals
- The Nationals will hand the ball to Corbin (3-5) for his 11th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Saturday, when he tossed six innings while giving up two earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Detroit Tigers.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign, the 33-year-old ranks 52nd in ERA (4.47), 58th in WHIP (1.385), and 71st in K/9 (5.4).
- The Nationals have a 7.5 K/9 this season as a pitching staff, worst in baseball.
- The Nationals have the 19th-ranked ERA (4.46) in the majors this season.
- The Nationals have a combined WHIP of 1.429 as a pitching staff, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Nationals have given up 61 home runs so far this season (the 19th-ranked total in MLB play).
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Melendez or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
Melendez Stats and Trends
- Melendez has recorded a hit 26 times this season in 46 games played (56.5%), with eight multi-hit efforts (17.4%).
- He has hit a home run in four games this season, going deep in 2.1% of his trips to the plate.
- In 34.8% of his 46 games this season, he has touched home plate (16 times). Also, he’s put up four games with multiple runs in 2023 (8.7%).
- Melendez has driven in at least one run in 26.1% of his games this season (12 of 46), including two or more RBI in six of those games (13.0%). He has also knocked in three or more of his team’s runs in two contests.
- In 39 of 46 games this season (84.8%), he has gone down on strikes. Plus, 18 of those games (39.1%) included a performance that resulted in two or more strikeouts.
|13 (52.0%)||Games w/1+ Hit||13 (61.9%)|
|3 (12.0%)||Games w/2+ Hits||5 (23.8%)|
|9 (36.0%)||Games w/1+ Run||7 (33.3%)|
|3 (12.0%)||Games w/1+ HR||1 (4.8%)|
|6 (24.0%)||Games w/1+ RBI||6 (28.6%)|
Ready to bet on Melendez, the Royals or any other MLB action on Friday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.