The Brooklyn Nets (48-24, 4-1) are 4.5-point favorites heading into Game 1 of the second round of the NBA Playoffs against the Milwaukee Bucks (46-26, 4-0) at Barclays Center on Saturday, starting at 7:30 PM ET on TNT. The over/under in the matchup is set at 239.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of June 2, 2021, 10:55 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Bucks Betting Odds
Injury Report as of June 2
Jeff Green: Out (Foot),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL),
Alize Johnson: Day To Day (Ankle)
Donte DiVincenzo: Out For Season (Foot),
Thanasis Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Bucks (+4.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (239.5)|
|Prediction||Nets 118, Bucks 115|
The model and William Hill both have the Nets taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (2.4 points). Lean towards taking the Bucks.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (233.1 points) slightly lower than the William Hill over/under (239.5 points).
Nets Key Players
Bucks Key Players
- The Nets make 49.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 4.1 percentage points higher than the Bucks have allowed to their opponents (45.3%).
- In games Brooklyn shoots better than 45.3% from the field, it is 37-22 against the spread and 47-13 overall.
- Milwaukee’s record is 32-25-1 against the spread and 44-14 overall when its opponents make more than 49.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Bucks’ 48.6% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.8 percentage points higher than the Nets have allowed to their opponents (45.8%).
- Milwaukee has compiled a 30-21-1 record against the spread and a 39-13 straight up record in games it shoots above 45.8% from the field.
- When Brooklyn’s opponents shoot higher than 48.6% from the field, it is 32-19 against the spread and 42-10 overall.
- The Nets shoot 39.4% from three-point range, 1.2% higher than the 38.2% the Bucks allow to opponents.
- Brooklyn has assembled a 30-14 record against the spread and a 36-9 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 38.2% of its three-point shots.
- Milwaukee has put up a 27-18 against the spread while going 35-10 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 39.4% from downtown.
- The Bucks shoot 38.5% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 2.1 percentage points higher than the Nets have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.4%).
- Milwaukee is 25-23-1 ATS and 35-14 overall when the team makes more than 36.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Brooklyn has a 28-18 ATS record and a 37-10 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 38.5% from three-point range.
- The Nets knock down 14.2 three-pointers per game this season, just 0.2 fewer makes per game than the Bucks allow 14.4.
- When Milwaukee makes more threes than its opponents, it is 22-9 against the spread and 28-3 overall. When Brooklyn is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 10-15 ATS and 14-11 straight up.
- The Nets are the seventh-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Bucks allow the most makes from deep.
Nets vs Bucks Stat Rankings
|Nets Rank||Nets AVG||Bucks AVG||Bucks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from