The Denver Nuggets (47-25, 2-2) are 1.5-point favorites heading into Game 5 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Portland Trail Blazers (42-30, 2-2) at Ball Arena on Tuesday, starting at 9:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The series is tied 2-2. The over/under is 226 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of May 30, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nuggets vs Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of May 30
Will Barton: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Jamal Murray: Out For Season (Knee),
PJ Dozier: Out (Adductor)
Zach Collins: Out For Season (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Nuggets (-1.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (226)|
|Prediction||Nuggets 117, Trail Blazers 111|
The DraftKings line for this game has the Nuggets favored by 1.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (5.6 points). Put your money on the Nuggets.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (228.1 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (226 points).
Nuggets Key Players
|Michael Porter Jr.||61||19.0||7.3||1.1||0.7||0.9||2.8|
Trail Blazers Key Players
- The Nuggets make 48.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.2 percentage points higher than the Trail Blazers have allowed to their opponents (47.2%).
- Denver has a 27-18 record against the spread and a 36-9 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 47.2% from the field.
- Portland is 30-14 against the spread and 31-13 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 48.4% from the field.
- The Trail Blazers are shooting 45.4% from the field, 1.5% lower than the 46.9% the Nuggets’ opponents have shot this season.
- Portland is 23-11 against the spread and 27-7 overall when it shoots higher than 46.9% from the field.
- This season, Denver has a 23-5 record against the spread and a 25-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 45.4% from the field.
- The Nuggets shoot 37.7% from three-point range, 0.4% higher than the 37.3% the Trail Blazers allow to opponents.
- Denver has put together a 21-18 record against the spread and a 27-12 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 37.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Portland is 29-10 against the spread and 28-11 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 37.7% from deep.
- The Trail Blazers’ three-point shooting percentage this season (38.6%) is only two percentage points higher than opponents of the Nuggets are averaging (36.6%).
- Portland is 30-15 ATS and 34-11 overall when the team hits more than 36.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Denver has a 25-19 ATS record and a 34-10 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 38.6% of its three-point attempts.
- The Nuggets’ 12.9 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.8 fewer made shots on average than the 15.7 per game the Trail Blazers allow.
- Portland has gone 33-22 against the spread and 37-18 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Denver makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 15-24 ATS and 21-18 straight up.
- The Nuggets are the 15th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Trail Blazers give up the 19th-fewest makes from deep.
Nuggets vs Trail Blazers Stat Rankings
|Nuggets Rank||Nuggets AVG||Trail Blazers AVG||Trail Blazers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from