The Los Angeles Lakers (42-30, 2-1) are 3.5-point favorites heading into Game 4 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Phoenix Suns (51-21, 1-2) at Staples Center on Sunday, starting at 3:30 PM ET on ABC. The Lakers hold a 2-1 series lead. The over/under is set at 103 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of May 28, 2021, 10:25 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Suns Betting Odds
Injury Report as of May 28
Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Suns (+3.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (103)|
|Prediction||Suns 111, Lakers 110|
While William Hill has the Lakers winning by 3.5, the model has the Suns taking home the victory, with a considerable margin between the two spreads (4.2 points). Take the Suns.
The William Hill point total for this matchup is more than two possessions lower (116.7 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the over.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- LeBron James’ assists prop total for the contest is set at 7.5 assists, 0.3 assists lower than his season average of 7.8.
- Andre Drummond’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is listed at 9.5 boards, 2.5 rebounds less than his season average of 12.0.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 2.3.
- Drummond’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals less than his season average of 1.4.
Suns Key Players
Suns Player Props
- Devin Booker’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 39.5, 5.4 greater than his season average of 34.1.
- Deandre Ayton’s rebounding prop total for the contest is posted at 12.5 boards, 2.0 rebounds higher than his season average of 10.5.
- Jae Crowder’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, equal to his season average of 2.5.
- Ayton’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
- This season, the Lakers have a 47% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.4% higher than the 46.6% of shots the Suns’ opponents have knocked down.
- Los Angeles is 24-17 against the spread and 29-12 overall when it shoots higher than 46.6% from the field.
- Phoenix’s record is 28-10 against the spread and 30-8 overall when its opponents make more than 47% of their shots from the field.
- The Suns have shot at a 48.9% rate from the field this season, 2.9 percentage points above the 46% shooting opponents of the Lakers have averaged.
- This season, Phoenix has a 39-19-1 record against the spread and a 47-12 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 46% from the field.
- This season, Los Angeles has a 29-28 record against the spread and a 37-20 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 48.9% from the field.
- The Lakers are hitting 35.1% of their three-point shots this season, 0.1% lower than the 35.2% the Suns allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Los Angeles has a 20-11 record against the spread and a 23-8 record overall when the team connects on more than 35.2% of its three-point shots.
- Phoenix is 23-12 against the spread and 26-9 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 35.1% from deep.
- The Suns’ three-point shooting percentage this season (37.6%) is 2.3 percentage points higher than opponents of the Lakers are averaging (35.3%).
- Phoenix is 29-18-1 ATS and 37-11 overall when the team hits more than 35.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles is 23-20 ATS and 28-15 overall in games it shoots above 37.6% from deep.
- The Lakers connect on 10.9 three-pointers per game this season, two fewer made shots on average than the 12.9 per game the Suns allow.
- Phoenix has gone 28-12-1 against the spread and 32-9 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Los Angeles hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 11-27 ATS and 15-23 straight up.
- The Lakers make the 25th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Suns give up the seventh-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Lakers vs Suns Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Suns AVG||Suns Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from