Coming off a victory at the Wells Fargo Championship, Rory McIlroy, the No. 7 player in the Official World Golf Rankings, is among the favorites (+1100) to win the 2021 PGA Championship at The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Golf Resort. Before he tees off in Kiawah Island, SC, let’s break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on McIlroy in this event.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of May 19, 2021, 5:43 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Rory McIlroy Odds For The PGA Championship
The 7,876-yard, par 72 course in Kiawah Island, SC will serve as host to a field of 157 golfers chasing the title of champion, currently held by Collin Morikawa.
McIlroy’s Recent Form
- McIlroy has finished within three shots of the leader in one of his last five events. Over that same span, he’s finished with a better-than-average score three times.
- He has carded an average score of -8.3 over his last five events.
- McIlroy has finished atop the leaderboard once while also posting three top-10 finishes over his last five appearances.
- Out of the last five tournaments he’s entered, he made the cut three times.
Last Three Tournaments (Round By Round)
- McIlroy has ended within three strokes of the best score of the day in three straight rounds.
- Over his last 12 rounds, McIlroy has finished below par five times, while also carding five rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has carded the best score of the day in one of his last 12 rounds, while scoring among the top five in four rounds.
- Over his last 12 rounds, McIlroy has finished within three strokes of the best score of the round four times, and within five strokes of the top score for the day five times.
At The PGA Championship
|August 6- 9, 2020||PGA Championship||TPC Harding Park||33||-2||$57,500|
|May 16-19, 2019||PGA Championship||Bethpage State Park BK Course||8||+1||$264,395|
|August 9-12, 2018||PGA Championship||Bellerive CC||50||-2||$24,833|
|August 10-13, 2017||PGA Championship||Quail Hollow-PGA Championship||22||+1||$89,167|
|August 13-16, 2015||PGA Championship||Whistling Straits||17||-9||$148,000|
Rory McIlroy Prediction For The PGA Championship
We use a data-driven algorithm that takes into account player performance in recent events and more prominent events to provide predictions for McIlroy to win this event, finish in the top 10 or top 20, and make the cut:
|Win Probability||Top 10 Probability||Top 20 Probability||Make Cut Probability|