The Washington Wizards (32-38) host the Cleveland Cavaliers (22-48) as 7.5-point favorites after Russell Westbrook went off for 34 points in the Wizards’ 120-116 loss to the Hawks. The game airs on NBCS-DC at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, May 14, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 226.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of May 14, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Wizards vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of May 14
Bradley Beal: Out (Hamstring),
Thomas Bryant: Out For Season (Left knee),
Deni Avdija: Out For Season (Leg)
Darius Garland: Day To Day (Ankle),
Cedi Osman: Day To Day (Ankle),
Lamar Stevens: Out (Concussion),
Isaiah Hartenstein: Out (Head),
Dylan Windler: Out For Season (Knee),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out For Season (Neck),
Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Thumb),
Taurean Prince: Out For Season (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Wizards (-7.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (226.5)|
|Prediction||Wizards 118, Cavaliers 108|
The model projects the Wizards to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by slightly more points (9.7 to 7.5).
The model’s predicted total (225.6 points) and the DraftKings set total (226.5 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Wizards Key Players
Wizards Player Props
- Westbrook’s PRA prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 55.5 combined points, rebounds, and assists, 10.1 greater than his season average of 45.4.
- Bradley Beal’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 30.5, 0.9 points lower than his season average of 31.4.
- Davis Bertans’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- Daniel Gafford’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
Cavaliers Key Players
Cavaliers Player Props
- Collin Sexton’s PRA prop over/under for the matchup is set at 42.5, 10.5 greater than his season average of 32.0.
- Darius Garland’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 39.5, 13.2 greater than his season average of 26.3.
- Kevin Love’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 2.3.
- Jarrett Allen’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
- The Wizards are shooting 47.5% from the field this season, 0.8 percentage points lower than the 48.3% the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- Washington is 25-11 against the spread and 21-15 overall when it shoots better than 48.3% from the field.
- Cleveland’s record is 17-11 against the spread and 18-10 overall when its opponents make more than 47.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Cavaliers are shooting 45% from the field, 2.2% lower than the 47.2% the Wizards’ opponents have shot this season.
- Cleveland has compiled a 17-7 record against the spread and a 15-9 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 47.2% from the field.
- When Washington’s opponents shoot above 45% from the field, it is 16-9 against the spread and 16-10 overall.
- The Wizards shoot 35.2% from beyond the arc, three% lower than the 38.2% the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- Washington is 22-5 against the spread and 18-9 overall when it shoots better than 38.2% from distance.
- Cleveland has put up a 15-10 against the spread while going 12-13 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.2% from deep.
- The Cavaliers are hitting 33.8% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 3.4 percentage points fewer than the 37.2% the Wizards’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Cleveland has a 15-8 ATS record and is 13-10 straight-up when the team makes more than 37.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Washington has a 19-7 ATS record and a 14-12 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.8% from three-point distance.
- The Wizards connect on 10.2 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.2 more makes per game than the Cavaliers allow 10.
- When Washington makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 12-6 against the spread and 10-8 overall. When Cleveland is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 9-35 ATS and 9-35 straight up.
- The Cavaliers rank last in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Wizards allow the 14th-fewest made threes in the league.
Wizards vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Wizards Rank||Wizards AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from